Lost Chocolate lab - intact male Nth Waikato/Franklin

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #23280 by max2
The father of our pups has been missing for 2 weeks. It was first thought he had wandered off again in search of a neighbouring beauty, however he hasn't returned home to the neighbours.

I am told they fear he has been snatched for dog fighting.... he was a very gentle and friendly dog, not a nasty bone in his body, he approached anyone for a pat.

He is about 4 years old, not a very dark chocolate. If you know of someone who has a new adult male lab over the last 2 weeks, can you let me know please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #332134 by ronnie
Awww, I hope they find him. Look what those horrible low-lifes did to that lovely OLD dog last year in Wellington???? they used him as bait for the fighting dogs. The owner was soooooo lucky to get him back alive.

We always worry about our chocolate lab for that very reason. Not to mention they are actually worth a few $$

I assume the owners have looked in all the usual places - local dog ranger, pound, SPCA etc.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #332136 by max2
I hope so Jan. I thought they would put signs up at the beginning of our road as SOH used to see him up there on his way home on night shift, however they haven't yet done so.

I just thought I should ask here though....

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #332176 by Stikkibeek
The days are long gone, when untethered dogs should be unsupervised. Game dogs would not only be targeted by hunters (Not the responsible ones) but there must be big money, not only in dog fighting, but in working dogs too. Farmers did themselves a huge disfavour, opting out of micro chipping. Working dogs around the Dargaville area were targeted a few years ago. My brother lost his big friendly black kelpie which he really needed for handling mature bulls. He never got him back. When he rang the ranger, my brother found out about all the other working dogs that had been stolen.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #332287 by Azza
I've got two Labs and always lock my dogs up under lock and key when not home at this time of year (Actually they are always locked away in their runs when I'm not around but I padlock the runs at this time of year).
There are some unscrupulous types out there that will steal gundogs for the duration of the Game Bird season then dump them afterward.

I hope you find him. I cant imagine losing either of my two.

Stikkibeek;319148 wrote: Farmers did themselves a huge disfavour, opting out of micro chipping.

I would agree with you stikkibeek. I couldn't wait to mine chipped...collars are easy to lose, or slip, but microchips are a lot harder. I was also warned years ago by a long time gundog owner to never leave a dog unattended with a collar on. He was telling me he lost one of his best labs when it accidentally hung itself so I feel assured knowing that if my dog somehow managed to escape from his run then he is identifiable without a collar.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds