This is ridiculous...

More
13 years 10 months ago #23260 by kate
This is ridiculous... was created by kate
They only put a statue up to him a few years ago...the man is an icon

www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/news/37799...y-Horror-man-no-show

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #331908 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic This is ridiculous...

Kate;318847 wrote: They only put a statue up to him a few years ago...the man is an icon

www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/news/37799...y-Horror-man-no-show

Yes but our immigration service/government has had imposters running the show, they lock up decent people for years in case they might be terrorists, they bribe others, on a "work for favours", and let real terrorists go free so they can be welcomed in their home country as heroes. What do you expect Kate. Let Riff raff in to contribute to the good of the country? Life's not allowed to be that simple.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
13 years 10 months ago #331950 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic This is ridiculous...
I was going to suggest he apply under the Family Reunification Scheme until I saw the - what must be - new age criteria. How else are there so many elderly immigrants in Auckland. Sorry mate - seems you are the wrong colour or ethnicity.

Didn't we have a 94 year old celebrated not so long ago as our oldest immigrant - from the UK from memory?

Maybe he has health problems that we don't know about? Even so we have plenty of people being allowed into the country with severe and costly ongoing disabilities so I am totally confused by this. What is we don't know?

More
13 years 10 months ago #331956 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic This is ridiculous...
Very strange. I know of several elderly people who were brought to NZ by their families as they had no other choice because they needed medical treatment that was not available in China. They were in their 70s. The only thing they didn't get was NZ super.

None of them speaks English, none of them has ever contributed to NZ (apart from raising a child that subsequently immigrated into NZ).

Very odd.

More
13 years 10 months ago #331981 by sod
Replied by sod on topic This is ridiculous...
DiDi before Jeans mother died we were going to bring her out from UK on that and she lived here a few years once, we were going to have no problem( she was 70) She was going to live with us so maybe he should say hes going to live with his family:D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 10 months ago #332244 by jerry leadbetter
it is ridiculous, I agree with Kate.

He shouldn't be a drain, just insist that he has health insurance that covers pretty much all things before he gets here (sure you'd find one company prepared to for the right price - and he's not short of a bob or two!). They let him buy property by the looks of things, so why not let him live on it.

He can come live on my land if that helps - he'd be bloody hilarious to have a beer with!

2.5 acres in the winterless north. 4 suffolk ewes, 1 wether tenant, one enormous Chocolate Lab and a nutty cat.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds