Lady Kitchener

• Jack
12 years 2 months ago #330327 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Lady Kitchener
Gidday

I thought to be fair I should update this.

I emailed Firenzo, the makers of the Lady Kitchener. They replied asking me for a phone number then phoned me.

The air intake is a little slot at the bottom back. The air then goes under the firebox then up the sides behind the tiles to the top then in the front top.

Well when talking through it with me on the phone I noticed a cap on the tiles on one side was up and the tile was loose. The only way I can think of for this to have happened was it must have bounced up way back when we got a bit of rock and roll with those earthquakes that shoock the lower South Island last year I think.

I asked the joker iffin the tile being loose could cause it as the fire is designed to run on pre heated air and this could have restricted that and been letting cold air in. He agreed, I put the cap back down and tonight the fire is going bloody bonzza.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #330337 by Hasbeen
Replied by Hasbeen on topic Lady Kitchener
Thanks for that Jack; I love my Lady K & was following this with baited breath.
Thinking, burning pine---wet wood---chimney not high enough.
I would never have worked that one out Jack.
Very good to know.

Recovering Lifestyler

More
12 years 2 months ago #330369 by Anne
Replied by Anne on topic Lady Kitchener
What do you mean by the tiles Jack? Mine doesn't seem to have any - and I want to check that my air inlet isn't blacked in any way. Was your burner cold before you crawled around the back to check it out?

• Jack
12 years 2 months ago #330451 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Lady Kitchener
Gidday

OK Anne, I will try to explain. On the outside of the fire the sides are ceramic tiles. Some have about half a dozen on each side and some like mine only have one big square one and one tall narrow one. I don't know if you have an older one but I am sure most of them do have these tiles.

There are also the fire tiles inside the fire box.

When I checked on this the fire was going but not long and not very well, and as the cold air goes in the inlet it should take quite a while to get hot anyway. I just lay on the floor beside it and felt in behind near the bottom and that is how I found it.

But like HasBeen said burning wet or green would would cause similar problems but I had already check those off my list.

I hope that makes sense to you cos I can hardly make out what I just said.

More
6 years 2 months ago #522080 by Jewelz
Replied by Jewelz on topic Lady Kitchener
Ive had a Lady Kitchener for quite sometime , Have heard that there has been problems with the smoke entering the room , Do get a little smoke every now and again but lasts about 5 seconds i think the problem people are having is the flue mines a double burning flue. Christchurch New Zealand suffered Earthquakes 2010 and my firebox got munted but not my flue , EQC replaced my entire firebox and tryed to fit a different flue which they couldn't fit so put the old flue back . So i have no problems the other flue was not a double burning flue ??? Yes

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds