Earthquake

More
11 years 4 months ago #372831 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Earthquake
It would have been very scary near the epicentre. Proximity makes all the difference - the 5.1 in Aranui last month had my friend running from her bed in panic (they are about 7km away as the crow flies), while for us it was just a wee wobble (we were about 25km away as the crow flies).

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #372886 by jen
Replied by jen on topic Earthquake
Many of the chch ones have been very shallow, also makes a big difference, but no earthquakes are 'fun' that's for sure! Glad there was no damage anywhere.

jen (returned to townie life)
community.webshots.com/user/j_nepton

More
11 years 4 months ago #373035 by NZ Appaloosas
Replied by NZ Appaloosas on topic Earthquake

terralee;364969 wrote: Was scarey ...man I would hate to have endured the Chistchurch one it would have seemed endless ...utterly terrifying:(
Cheers

Saw on the news a bit back that the 22nd initial quake was only 24 seconds long. My 44-hour labour with my first son seemed a he** of a lot shorter than those 24 seconds! [:0] My back is still a bit messed up from the shaking.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
11 years 3 months ago #373217 by mikethebike
Replied by mikethebike on topic Earthquake
Hi leonie we felt it in wypuk sat in the staff room with every thing wobbling surreal! by the time we figured out it was a quake it was all over, so much for getting under something or getting in a doorway that's the second time we have done that with the Gisborne quake we just sat watching the lights swinging and the field out front going up and down and again by the time we figured it out it was all over! I guess when the really big one hits wypuk i for one will almost certainly get squashed! LOL

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds