Illegal auctions

More
14 years 1 month ago #22960 by spoook
Illegal auctions was created by spoook
OMG, TM strikes again [:0] This time from the reverse.
I have had a couple of listing removed by them as they are in the wrong category or do not adhere to their rules. They also issue a warning and they do keep a record of previous infringments [B)]

There have been a couple of auctions recently of animal drenches and pour on that are not approved for use in NZ (I rang ERMA to check it out), even the manufacturers knew nothing of them when I made an enquiry. (originally I was looking to buy and made an enquiry if they could be used on goats)
I placed a q on the auction to see where the goods came from, "part bulk load vet supplies" was the response. :confused:
With further investigation it was found they are definitely not approved for use in NZ. (apart from the fact one expired in 10/2007 [:0])
I pointed this out to the seller, nothing, no reply or response. [:(!]
I advised TM, nothing [:(!][:(!].
The auctions had been relisted last night, meaning the seller has ignored my comment. :(
This morning I rang ERMA again to enquire if it was ok......... definitely NOT!
It seems they had contacted TM themselves after my first call but nothing had happened. [:(!][:(!][:(!]
Amazing..... when there is a "threat" to our food chain, nothing happens. Yet when we do something, not to their rules, we are pounced on straight away.
All this happened nearly a week ago.

Needless to say the auctions now say....
"This listing was withdrawn by the administrator" :D

Hopefully the seller is not amongst us on LSB as I would be disappointed at the blatant disregard for the law in relation to safety of our food chain and meat industry, something I am sure we all care about. :D

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #328817 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Illegal auctions
Well done, Spook.

More
14 years 1 month ago #328824 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Illegal auctions
Good on you.Would not TM be breaking the law in this case?

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 1 month ago #328827 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Illegal auctions
After the Target program on TV3 last night on Trade Me practises and procedures, I'd be back at them today about this. They claim to have 50 employees looking at complaints, etc and to not have pulled the auction on the product not licenced for NZ (and one date expired) is reprehensible!

Learnt one thing from the programme and that is that if you use Buy Now, you are covered under the Consumer Guarantees Act but if you buy at Auction, you have no cover - unless the person you are buying off is a Trader. Buying off Mum and Dad is not covered. Also use Safe Trader.

More
14 years 1 month ago #328831 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Illegal auctions
Problem is Didi, you can't get to TM. [:(!] To talk to someone costs you, to email you have to fill in the blanks only. Then you don't get a reply to say what has happened. [:(!]
Law unto themselves :(

Glad to see there has been some action on TM after last night's programme :D :D

More
14 years 1 month ago #328848 by SaraL
Replied by SaraL on topic Illegal auctions

spoook;315319 wrote: Problem is Didi, you can't get to TM. [:(!] To talk to someone costs you, to email you have to fill in the blanks only. Then you don't get a reply to say what has happened. [:(!]
Law unto themselves :(

Glad to see there has been some action on TM after last night's programme :D :D

I agree with you. But you gotta see the other side as well. Can you imagine how many phone calls they would get? If every single disgruntled seller or buyer could call them? How much that would cost them? And in the end we would have to pay it with our TM fees.

TM's service is to provide a link between seller and buyer. The legal stuff happens between these two parties. As long as you are allowed to sell the listed items in NZ they can't do much. And unfortunately the rules and regulations say you are not allowed to use/apply it in New Zealand but nobody says you can't sell it.

Sara

More
14 years 1 month ago #328858 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Illegal auctions
YAY Spoook!!!! I can imagine some newbie to stock might have gone and bought it. Hells bells, anyone could have bought it who wasn't aware.
As for the 'bulk vet supply' answer..... if it's not ok to use in NZ, how did it get here and what vet had it? The whole thing is a bit dodgy! No answers to questions? even more suspect........

I reckon the trader might need a visit from ERMA or someone... the police? Stolen goods? but why were they in the country if they're not accepted here?

Yakut

More
14 years 1 month ago #328870 by spoook
ERMA have asked for the contact details of the seller so the products in question are collected and disposed of safely.

The main ingredient in the pour on is permethrin (a synthetic pyrethrum I think), this is in many NZ approved products, we have Permoxin in our cupboard.
The drench ingredient was Triclabendazole 5gm and Levamisole Hcl 3.75 gm both of which are in NZ approved drenches.

Neither of these are major problems but it concerned me that the products are not approved for NZ and even the Aust and NZ manufacturers are unaware of either product. There must be a reason it is not here for sale. Hence the qs to the TM seller.

I still wonder where it came from. :confused: The seller has a few other drenches for sale, all meant to be new, these are NZ approved. Why would one have so much drench and never even have used it?:confused::confused::confused:

More
14 years 1 month ago #328871 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Illegal auctions
That's really interesting that they could even get it into NZ if not ERMA-approved...there is a herbicide that is registered in Aussie that some of my colleagues went through the process of importing for experimental purposes with a view ot getting it registered here and they had to jump through so many hoops to get it into the country - and they were regulatory agencies themselves! :rolleyes:

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 1 month ago #328872 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Illegal auctions
Maybe someone who had been farming overseas and came back with a container load of stuff...including the drenches?

Web Goddess

More
14 years 1 month ago #328874 by spoook
My thoughts too Kate, it did look old and one of them expired in 2007 so have been around for a while.
Not sure how efficacious it would be either.

More
14 years 1 month ago #328877 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Illegal auctions
You would think that if there had been anything at all on the import/containers used to indicate an ag remedy or other such thing border patrol would have been over it with a fine tooth comb...:(

But that is in an ideal world where all containers are checked...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 1 month ago #328915 by betenoir
Replied by betenoir on topic Illegal auctions
Our border police are too busy opening and contaminating my quality control samples (making them unusable) to bother about little things like illegal chemicals entering the country

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

More
14 years 1 month ago #328937 by tonic
Replied by tonic on topic Illegal auctions
good on you for getting it removed!

as an aside, i had trouble with a seller on tm recently. i emailed tm and they replied, were very helpful and when they could not get the trader to send me my item they gave me all the instructions i needed to get the police on to them.

so sometimes they are great... though obviously not always...

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds