Annual flu jab

More
12 years 3 months ago #328913 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Annual flu jab

Jack;315051 wrote: Gidday

There's no way in hell that they are going to stick their filthy germs into me. And heaven know what else is in that mix.

No experimental concoctions being trialled on us here either, just like no experimental GE food in our kitchen :)

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #328926 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Annual flu jab
Jean had it as she has to go into peoples houses and deal with them I don't so I don't :)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 3 months ago #328943 by OldMcDonalds
Replied by OldMcDonalds on topic Annual flu jab

Xartep;315039 wrote: I stopped getting them a few years back for exactly those reasons. I worked on my immune system for a couple of years and now only get the winter colds and flu once or twice a season and then to a lessor degree than most others I know.
I take a natural remedy at the first signs of a bug and allow any fever to run its course, speeds things up by several days.

I'm with you, Xartep, eat fresh food, take supplements where necessary, get plenty of sunshine (when possible) and in the rare event of a cold take mega-doses of Vit C. It seldom lasts more than a day or two. I use MMS (Google it) if it is severe, never had a flu shot[;)] and I worked in pharmacy for years, getting coughed and sneezed on all winter[xx(]

2 cows, 1 steer, 1 calf, 2 milking goats, 2 Romney wethers, 2 of Inger's ewes, 4 alpacas, 5 large horses, 4 minis, 30 chooks, ducks, 2 turkeys, 2 pigs+ 1 piglet, 2 dogs, 4 cats, bees & 7 humans!

More
12 years 3 months ago #328950 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Annual flu jab
Unfortunately, we both have ongoing health issues which mean if we do manage to get the flu, it will hit hard and potentially mean a hospital visit :( So I guess a couple of days of feeling off is nothing really to what may be, should we not get the jab.

I just don't recall being unwell following the jab in previous years. My arm has always swollen up and gone red etc, so that is nothing new, but this mild cold is just a jolly nuisance - not bad enough to take anything much for but enough to be feeling off colour - which I really don't need at this very, very busy time of year.

But it's nice to hear I'm not the only one to react this way after the jab.

More
12 years 3 months ago #328964 by thevarneys
Replied by thevarneys on topic Annual flu jab
I read in the Herald that they were considering taking the swine flu part out of the vaccine, due to side effects etc. I wonder if the swine flu they put in is the updated one which would have been current for europes last winter, or just leftover stock they had from nz last winter. I dont trust their vaccines much.[xx(]

Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

More
12 years 2 months ago #329322 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Annual flu jab
My personal opinion is that i would never have the flu jab. ( I was told by a Dr many many moons ago that if you mass immunise then you get an outbreak of what your immunising against. Anyway Our family take "Buccaline" Always have, always will. Havent had the flu in years, still can get a sniffle but no flue touchwood. its personal choice

More
12 years 2 months ago #329333 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Annual flu jab

smilie;315875 wrote: ...I was told by a Dr many many moons ago that if you mass immunise then you get an outbreak of what your immunising against....

Like we have with measles, TB, mumps, rubella, and so on?

One needs to be careful about perpetrating that sort of information. If a well-informed person wishes to avoid vaccination, I have no problem at all, but there appear to be many people who become concerned due to the things they hear from others, which are often more myth than fact. Vaccination programmes, as I understand them (and practice them in my animals) are population based. If you vaccinate most of the population, you'll reduce the incidence of the disease. If lots of the population miss out, the possibility of coverage for the whole population drops considerably. If you opt out (of the disease vaccination programmes in particular) you don't just affect yourself, you increase the risk for everyone.

More
12 years 2 months ago #330817 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Annual flu jab
Due to change of plans I had to have flu shot 10 days ago and no reaction at all,just thought I tell everyone:)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 2 months ago #331929 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic Annual flu jab
i had mine on thursday...i had a sore arm for one day but that was all.

thevarneys mentioned side effects of the included swine flu vax. wonder what they are.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

• Jack
12 years 2 months ago #332028 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Annual flu jab
Gidday

Here are a couple of links that must fill ewe all with confidence about your flue jabs.

www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6526CI20100603

www.naturalnews.com/028936_WHO_vaccines.html

Like I said they can keep their bloody poisons outta my body.

More
12 years 2 months ago #332096 by Organix
We'll stick with vitamin C, garlic, coconut oil, andrographis, eucalyptus oil, saline nasal flushes and homeopathic remedies. No drug resistances or corporate kick backs on those :D

NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

• Jack
12 years 2 months ago #332120 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Annual flu jab
Gidday

Good onya mate.

But what's with the andrographis? And how do you use the coconut oil cos I know that's as good as it comes.

More
12 years 2 months ago #332121 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Annual flu jab
kathken, most of the sideffects that were considered a problem affected children under 2yrs from the stats I read. I did see one article that they think over 30% of population have natural cover from H1N1 in NZ from the 1957 flu so most oldies like me will be covered and mild doses experienced last year that were not tested, etc. I have decided I am in that batch

More
12 years 2 months ago #332149 by Organix

Jack;319082 wrote: Gidday

Good onya mate.

But what's with the andrographis? And how do you use the coconut oil cos I know that's as good as it comes.

Andrographis tincture at the first signs of a cold, flu or other infection will often nip it in the bud. Difficult to source in NZ at a reasonable price but available ex-UK online easily.

Coconut oil is a natural antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal and antibacterial. A teaspoon a day of preferably organic CO helps guard against and fight infections and maintains good gut flora. There is a new coconut product range available from Zenian here in New Plymouth which tastes great. Ask for it at your local health shop.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds