Hotmail email

More
12 years 1 month ago #22899 by Rod Brown
Hotmail email was created by Rod Brown
When sending photos via hotmail I can't make them smaller, they arrive as huge in your face photos, even though each photo still has an attachment file as well. These huge photos become overpowering for the recipient.

However when sending the same stuff via my xtra address I have the option of making them smaller so they send better and don't arrive as in your face photos.

Am I doing something wrong or is this the difference between paid for xtra and free bee Hotmail not having those extra functions?

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #328042 by ame
Replied by ame on topic Hotmail email
There is no magic, but sometimes the process is done for you automatically. For Hotmail you need to resize the photos yourself.

Do you use webmail for Hotmail and for Xtra? Or do you use webmail for Hotmail and something like Outlook Express for Xtra? It has nothing to do with the free-ness of the system. Either way, you need to resize the images first before you send them.

Here are a couple of links that might help, but let me make it clear you should be very careful not to overwrite your photos with a resized version with the same filename!
http://www.knowledgehound.com/khhow2s/resize_photos.htm
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=567
(be sure to read the comments on that page)

HTH,

A

More
12 years 1 month ago #328044 by TKFARMER
Replied by TKFARMER on topic Hotmail email
take your picture to microsoft office picture manager you can resize it there for emails tkf

Playing farmer on 3.5 acres. [:)][:)]

More
12 years 1 month ago #328050 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Hotmail email
TK, that only works if you have MS Office.

WinXP has an image resizer built in, you just need to activate it.
XP PowerToys , the tool is Image Resizer . Just install that, then select the image, right click to get it reduced to 3 different sizes.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds