Kodak Easyshare a problem

More
14 years 6 months ago #2274 by Midge
Last summer my partner downloaded the above software to our pc for friends that were staying. He used the appropriate CD that they had with them but for some reason he stopped the download part way through setting it up. He then downloaded it completely.

I have been able to remove the 2nd complete download but no matter what I try I can't get rid of the part one[V] When I click on remove programme all I get is the download menu which asks me to put the CD in.

As I don't have the CD I can't take this any further. Easyshare just taking up valuable space on my pc and I'd really like to get rid of the blimmmin thing.

Will I need to buy or borrow an easyshare CD and dowload it completely in order to be able to delete it[?]

I've looked on line for the download but being on dialup it's driving me nuts trying to find what I need.

Any help gratefully received.
Cheers:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #70568 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Kodak Easyshare a problem
If you look in the Program Files folder, you should find a folder called "Kodak" or something to that effect. Carefully delete that folder and all others that are underneath it and that will remove the offending files. They will be in the Recycle Bin until you next empty it, so if you discover anything you didn't want to delete, it will be easy enough to recover it, so long as you haven't emptied the Recycle Bin in the meantime [:I]

The above procedure will remove the files that are taking up space -- possibly not as much as you think by the way. However, it won't get rid of the entry under "Remove Programs" which says that Kodak Easyshare is present. To do that is a job for a techie, but it is only cosmetic, so doesn't actually matter.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
14 years 6 months ago #70731 by Midge
Replied by Midge on topic Kodak Easyshare a problem
Thanks for you help Grant:)
Cheers:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

More
14 years 6 months ago #70733 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic Kodak Easyshare a problem
Make sure that you delete only Kodaks folder and its sub folders or you could get into trouble [:0]

Jan

More
14 years 6 months ago #70742 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Kodak Easyshare a problem

quote:Originally posted by Jan

Make sure that you delete only Kodaks folder and its sub folders or you could get into trouble [:0]

Yes, thanks for clarifying that Jan :)

I realise now that my statement "delete that folder and all others that are underneath it" was a little ambiguous and could be taken the wrong way [:I]

My intended meaning was "sub folders" as Jan has said.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
14 years 6 months ago #70875 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic Kodak Easyshare a problem
No probs :)

Jan

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds