Cats - ya just can't win.........

More
12 years 2 months ago #22734 by ronnie
The tinned food our cats like has been on special over the past month, so we stocked up a wee bit. Bought several new flavours for them to try. One in particular, chicken and rabbit, they seemed to dislike and refused to eat it.
No problem, will give the tins of it to the dog at some stage.

Well, tonight, I had no bones out for the dog, so thought I would give him one of these tins of food the cats won't eat.

Put it in the dog bowl, up on the bench. Went to dispose of the empty tin. Came back and there was the butter-wouldn't-melt-in-my-mouth, spoilt brat of a kitten, up on the bench hogging into this tin of food that last month, turned her nose up at [:0][}:)][}:)][}:)]

So I guess I shall have to remember to get the dog bones out of the freezer in the morning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #326197 by terralee
Murphy strikes again:rolleyes:[;)]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
12 years 2 months ago #326247 by jen
Yup, I stocked up too....bought a few tins at first to see which the cat liked best, then bought a whole bundle of 'that' one.. and he decided he was tired of eating it! (Then to add insult to injury the cat's been put on a diet of boiled chicken and special biscuits by the vet!)

REALLY can't win!

And while we're speaking of cats and murphy...the said cat is now on blood pressure tablets now.. I was at the vet with him yesterday and i needed more pills, she said 'I'll give you 4' (he gets 1/8th at a time).. then she said.. 'No....2....oh.. ok 4... i don't want to tempt fate' !!

So i think murphy might be looking fopr me! Hopefully the cat and I will manage to stay under the radar till his 4 pills are used up!

jen (returned to townie life)
community.webshots.com/user/j_nepton

More
12 years 2 months ago #326504 by Ghilly
Murphy needs a good swift kick in the slacks!...... who IS this Murphy bloke anyway......? He turns up like a cold sore.

Phoebe is on pills for Rodent Ulcer, Kim was getting a pill out of the packet and the bloody thing popped out and into the basin and down the bloody plug hole!

I did the same thing with a tiny battery I'd just bought, lost it down the plug hole... Murphy again.... but I put the plug in and filled the basin with water, then while I went outside with a sieve and put it under the outlet pipe, I got Kim to pull the plug. A woosh of water and there was my battery.... it didn't work but I got it back.... so once again, Murphy had the last laugh. Bloody misanthropic twit!

Yakut

More
12 years 2 months ago #326724 by jen
Murphy obviously wants you to keep the plug in that plug hole.. or go somewhere else to fiddle with little things!! Twice though! What are the odds eh?!

More
12 years 2 months ago #326735 by ronnie
So this morning, I gave them said tin of food. They BOTH looked at it and walked away - straight to the fridge. They were promplty told to eat it or go without. [}:)][}:)] Went back out half hour later and they had definately picked at it.

More
12 years 2 months ago #326743 by Ghilly
Yep, same thing here... or Tonks yeowling at me for food so I check the bowls, empty, fair enough. Put food in bowls, Tonks has a look and then walks off without eating a single morsel.
I'm left standing holding the bag and wondering what all the noise was about if she's just going to swan off outside as soon as the food is down.

Oh, the two plug hole incidents were separate.... Murphy wouldn't DARE! ha ha ha

Yakut

More
12 years 2 months ago #326744 by jen
Mine has started turning his nose up at the boiled chicken too! Aaaaargh!
Except for last night...Something happened while I was taking the lid off the little tupperware storage container it was in and i dropped it..WELL,,, since I DROPPED it, it obviously wasn't 'fed' to him so he figured he'd better hurry up and eat as much as he could before I picked it up again. Little $h!t....

I just let him go at it and cleaned up the floor when he was done. It was the most he'd eaten in a couple days :)

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds