Ideas for 21st pressie please

More
12 years 2 months ago #22686 by ronnie
Ok, so we have been invited to a 21st birthday. He is the son of one of OH's workmates, so we don't know him at all, but seems all his mothers work mates have been invited.

So, what to give him ????
Don't want it to be alcohol in any way, shape or form and not too expensive either.

So, any suggestions gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #325628 by blimeyvicki
An Itunes voucher - I'll bet you a hundred bucks he has an ipod of some description and an itunes voucher will allow him to download music to the value of the coupon you give him!

More
12 years 2 months ago #325630 by The Kats Place
travel rug for in his car, my son is 37 and still has one he got for his 21st. Is he flatting or living at home? Beach towel, toiletries, coffee mug, flask, chilly bin

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 2 months ago #325632 by Kiwi303
Is he a car guy? A reasonable toolset/socket set would suit a car guy, esp if your hubby can pump his dad as to what holes his current toolset has and you can fill a hole in it.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
12 years 2 months ago #325633 by ronnie
Sorry guys, know absolutely nothing about the young person. And its his mother OH works with.

More
12 years 2 months ago #325640 by Stikkibeek
Couldn't OH ask the mother what he might like?

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 2 months ago #325642 by drifter
My standard 21st present is a hip-flask.
Pocket knives, chilly bins, clothing vouchers and cuff-links have all figured largely at the 21sts I've been to over the last few years.

But if you don't know him then maybe cash in a birthday card would be the way to go?

Strange how much you've got to know, Before you know how little you know.

More
12 years 2 months ago #325645 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Ideas for 21st pressie please
My standard 21st present - male or female is "Edmonds food for flatters". Incredibly well received and if he isn't already flatting, he will probably leave home at some stage. 200 recipies for small budgets, small spaces and big ideas. Maybe he is a secret foodie. Grin. P.S. I have used heaps of recipies out of it for myself and they are great.

More
12 years 2 months ago #325696 by Suez
Replied by Suez on topic Ideas for 21st pressie please
I buy a "string" of $1 scratchies, has always gone down a treat, 21 for a 21st, 13 for becoming a teenager etc

More
12 years 2 months ago #325699 by Westermans
Petrol vouchers? if flatting food vouchers?

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

More
12 years 2 months ago #325742 by The Kats Place
I'm with Didi on the edmonds book, its a real good one

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 2 months ago #325757 by Simkin
Don't you make willie warmers :D [:I] I thought I've seen them on your web site:cool:

More
12 years 2 months ago #325760 by ronnie

Simkin;311905 wrote: Don't you make willie warmers :D [:I] I thought I've seen them on your web site:cool:

Yes, I do, but from what little I know about the family, it would not be an appropriate gift.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Will get OH to try and get some further info on the lad, but I am leaning towards the cook book idea at present.

I am still not sure why we have even been invited, and OH is not really sure he wants to go, but it sounds like all his work mates will be there, so we may yet go. Have to rsvp this week.

More
12 years 2 months ago #325763 by Hawkspur
A really good quality kitchen knife is a great present.

More
12 years 2 months ago #325785 by beedee
if you dont know the guy, Id go for something disposable like gift token.. or the cookbook which is non personal.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds