Heaps of dry fire wood, waikato

More
13 years 10 months ago #324416 by Stu_R
:) Sandy... seems you and hubby are people like i am :) ... we help where we can , we belive in not letting anyone go without or be left in a bad place :) .. like Belinda_h and her hay , no way in hell was i going to let anyones hay get wet :)
Labour is free , and as i am a "bones of my ass " liver .. labour i can always help with :)
Good for you and hubby Sandy :) :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #324448 by kaybe
Hi Hestia, I am sorry that you have had such sad, hard times recently. I would love to come and help with the wood on Saturday, and chat over a cuppa. What time would suit you?

Can you PM me your address?

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
13 years 10 months ago #324472 by smurfette
Hi Hestia,
I'm sitting here crying at what you are going through, it's so sad but unfortunatly this happenS far too often. I know where your coming from with not getting any help from anywhere, as my husband had a farming accident 10 years ago and we've been fighting the 'system' all the way. He's on ACC and I asked them if we could get help with someone coming in with housework as I have a crook back and he does what he can and they asked 'did he do housework before his accident?' when I said "No" they told me to try the Sally army. He has Chronic Pain Syndrome and is on a cocktail of painkillers which give him no relief at all and also has been to Palitive Care etc but they don't help. They tell him "put up with the pain and get on with life" hah easy for them to say when it's not them. Perhaps we can help you in other ways? Do you need baking done for the working bee or perhaps you would like some homemade jams? We have a small chainsaw that could cut the smaller branches and can get our kids to help collect the cut wood for you.
We just live over at Waharoa so if you PM me your address and we'll see what we can do. We don't like seeing anyone suffering when there's a possibility that we can help in some way.
Please keep your head up and know that there are some of us out there that DO CARE. :)

I'll keep that. It will come in handy one day.:D:D:D

More
13 years 10 months ago #324570 by Hestia

smurfette;310475 wrote: Hi Hestia,
I'm sitting here crying at what you are going through, it's so sad but unfortunatly this happenS far too often. I know where your coming from with not getting any help from anywhere, as my husband had a farming accident 10 years ago and we've been fighting the 'system' all the way. He's on ACC and I asked them if we could get help with someone coming in with housework as I have a crook back and he does what he can and they asked 'did he do housework before his accident?' when I said "No" they told me to try the Sally army. He has Chronic Pain Syndrome and is on a cocktail of painkillers which give him no relief at all and also has been to Palitive Care etc but they don't help. They tell him "put up with the pain and get on with life" hah easy for them to say when it's not them. Perhaps we can help you in other ways? Do you need baking done for the working bee or perhaps you would like some homemade jams? We have a small chainsaw that could cut the smaller branches and can get our kids to help collect the cut wood for you.
We just live over at Waharoa so if you PM me your address and we'll see what we can do. We don't like seeing anyone suffering when there's a possibility that we can help in some way.
Please keep your head up and know that there are some of us out there that DO CARE. :)

we had this with that we could get someone in and nurse him since he was terminally ill, BUT that is not wife included and it had to be someone that had no income and no partner with income since no one on those conditions would get paid. Who that has no connection with a terminaly ill person will travel every day to nurse a person with no pay at all?? we would not even get nurses to come out since they do not attend medicating patients and only those that had a plaster or a bandaid to be changed. It took m-a-n-y months and s-e-v-e-r-a-l people came out to inspect how we did live just to get a toilete chair and a shower seat. BUT They came out and picked it up 8 hrs after that he had died!!
There is a pain clinic with no que,,,,,but no referals to it,,,how sad is that!?

More
13 years 10 months ago #324580 by Sandy77
Hello Hestia ,

Just thought I would see how you are doing ? I will send you a message soon ..
Chat soon
Regards
Sandra

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kindest Regards
Sandra
Mastiff breeds rescue and rehome charitable trust
Rescue coordinator and founder
mastiffbreedsrescueandrehome.webs.com/

More
13 years 10 months ago #324584 by kaybe
So tomorrow is the day folks! Thanks Hestia and Homebirther1 for your PMs with the address. I am looking forward to meeting you guys also. I will try and be there early but realistically it is likely to be closer to 11 than 10 LOL! I am not a morning person.

Anyone else going to lend a hand? Maybe we will see Smurfette there as well. See you tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
13 years 10 months ago #324585 by kate
Wish I could make it but I can't....have a great day :D :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 10 months ago #324597 by DiDi
I would be there too if I could but not possible. Awesome that others have been able to offer help and support, knowing how rough things have been for Hestia through her hubbie's illness and death. Kudos to all of you! Hugs to you S.

More
13 years 10 months ago #324631 by smurfette
oh dear, I thought it was for the 18th and I have to go to Cambridge now so now I feel real stink, :( I haven't been PMed Hestia's address yet so wouldn't know where to go.:( Perhap's Hestia I could call in through the week and do something for you and drop you some baking.? Please let me know. I have to go now but will check in when I get back to see how things went. Sooooo Sorry.

More
13 years 10 months ago #324634 by beedee
Smurfette, I was the one who was only available on the 18th originally and it seems to have been easier for others to go today. Lets hope they turn those trees into firewood with lots of fun and laughter

More
13 years 10 months ago #324636 by Hestia
a big thankyou to kaybe and mr and mrs homebirther :)

there are still some wood left,,,

More
13 years 10 months ago #324662 by smurfette
Hestia, I've just talked to hubby and we will come out one day this week to do some wood as we don't work, so if you tell us what day (not Thursday tho) we will be there but you need to PM me your address as well please. :)

I mean this week coming :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #324681 by homebirther1
Smurfette we are probably going to go out again this week sometime, so maybe we could go at the same time?? At this point we are looking at Tuesday. Many hands make light work!

More
13 years 10 months ago #324688 by smurfette
Homebirther1 that sounds like a plan, Tuesdays good, can you PM me Hestia's addy please? we have a small chainsaw, wheelbarrows and kids to help, anything else we need?

More
13 years 10 months ago #324696 by Hestia
woke up with only 4 pluss outdoor, so glad I got help to close the living room window that has been stuck open for a long time,,nice to be able to start up a fire without heat going out thru the open window.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds