Heaps of dry fire wood, waikato

More
13 years 8 months ago #22526 by Hestia
I have two massive popplars down. They have been sitting to get dry now for almost 10 months.
They are cutt to lengths but need more work done since it was massive stems.
For the one that can do this work,,take half of it and leave the rest chopped up for me. I estimate it to be much more than what 2 houses need for a winter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #323880 by ronnie
Hi Hestia,

Make sure you can trust the person who does this for you. We made the same deal for all our dry wood last year and the miserable sods took all the wood and just left us with the mess[}:)][}:)][xx(]

Looks like we shall be buying wood in this year.

More
13 years 8 months ago #323881 by Hestia
cant even find someone that wants it!! tried with the scouts and girl guides for their lottery things,,with no result.
thought it would be good for someone instead of buying,,work insetad of paying for it,,

More
13 years 8 months ago #323889 by DiDi
Hi Hesta. Hope you are keeping well and life is getting better. Think of you often!

Try the local Lions Club or Rotary Club. I know they do it up here. All the best.

More
13 years 8 months ago #323895 by Stu_R
Popplars arent the best burnning wood .. they burn to fast .... :) but i agree Heista :) work for wood is great and even fast burnning stuff is fine when its free and only costs you time :)
If i was closer i would be into it for sure , I take a couple of loads and split the rest for you
:) i hope you find someone with some common sense that realises what a good deal it is :)

Good thinking Didi :) , and some of those clubs will just split it for the person that owns it as part of Community Service

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #323902 by Hestia
Didi and Stu R,,
I am doing fine but so depressed,,been sitting in house for a year now,just want to sell it, this is so not fun. I have no energy and everything gets broken.
my eldest son has stopped talking to me,,he thinks I intend to stay here instead of going home to spend time with my grandkids. He thinks I sit on the beach and bbq and lok for a new man. He even refused to see me when I flew home for 4 weeks! boy does it hurt! He thinks I am not trying to sell the house,,market in europe is fast,,my youngest advertised and sold his house within a month.

I have even advertised in local shops and no reply.
Rotary, I do seriously dont give a r-tts -ass for them!
sorry about my language,,but they got alerted by three individuals when husband was dying,,they knew we had broken water pump to house and I did not have wood to heat house at that stage and hubbie had undergone largest major surgery that can be done. even local MP did ring rotary that never contacted me.

I just say that the only healp I got was from fellow LSBers,,gold!!! :) :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #323904 by ronnie
Hi Hestia,

Boy, have you have a bad run the past few years. Not good for your family to treat you like that either.

We hope we have finally sold our place. But we have had to take a huge drop in price - about $25,000 less than the Registered, new, up-to-date valuation. But we decided it was best to take the price offered and get cracking on the next stage we want to get to, than stick it out here in the hope of more money.
Annoying really as the next door neighbours place has sold again for about twice our price.

But such is life and we really want to get moving, so we only have another 2 weeks or so to wait till we go unconditional.

With the wood - what about the local volunteer firemen?? They may be interested in it as a fundraiser for themselves.

More
13 years 8 months ago #323905 by Hestia
ronnie,,this is even getting better,,I am laughing,,

Hubbie worked together with three voluteer firemen,,
the company he worked for sacked him when he was undergoing chemo and NONE of his work mates came to see him even though he lived for 8 months after they sacked him.
None of his kids or sibblings came to help and told me to ask cancer society for help, cancer society has phamplets,,heaps of phamplets that says you should rest and look after yourself and use all available help,,what help? and his work mates never showed up even though I met them and hinted that he would love to see them.
Last x+mas I walked the market in town and met some of them and they looked the other way!
When he was diagnosed I called his best friend and he said he did not want to see him sick and he never showed up,,same with his kids,,,youngest kid has just showed interest when it came to loting the hosue and aslo have the nerve to see if she could get something out of the estate thru her solicitor even though she is rich! none of his family or friends or ex work mates has said one single word to me,, not even flowers when he died!

More
13 years 8 months ago #323906 by Hestia
best of all was when it was a have your say on radio for 1 minute,,
his ex boss wife called in and said their company was gathering money for cancer outside their local business,,

and then they told the company name and what they do,,,,,,what a commercial,,,

I felt like calling and screaming,,they sacked a man with cancer and never visited him,,

More
13 years 8 months ago #323910 by Stikkibeek
Hestia

I felt like calling and screaming,,they sacked a man with cancer and never visited him,,

Perhaps you should have. It may have given you a big piece of satisfaction to "balance out" cashing in on your loss that way.

And of course they gave the money to the cancer society to print more pamplets I suppose! :D

Hestia, I wish we were closer to help you with the wood, but perhaps there is some kind hearted local out there who will help.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
13 years 8 months ago #323918 by Hestia
more phamplets,,lol

it is just a pity if the wood sit and go to waste,,,there must be someone that needs wood without spending money,,

More
13 years 8 months ago #323920 by max2
If anyone is interested, I am burning our poplars at the moment and they burn well, I wouldn't say any quicker than pine either, depending on size of course.

People are funny though Hestia as you know, you can sell pre cut up stuff for a fortune at service stations etc, but when it comes to cutting their own, or even blocking cut wood, not many take up the offer. We have some neighbours nearby who try and sell rounds on TM but because it involves a bit of labour, no one (well hardly any) want to take it on because it means physical work. Very funny when you think of some of the gym fees people pay out for!

I woke in the night thinking of you as well, glad to see you are still here. Take care! Families can be the biggest *hites about esp. when it comes to estates. My SIL was withdrawing cash from ATM's from my MIL's account up to one month after she died, because ''her'' solicitors (now acting for MIL) never advised the bank MIL was dead, our branch manager ended up doing it at our request....[:(!][:(!] and then her sols wanted to charge the estate for investigating the cash withdrawals.... go figure.

More
13 years 8 months ago #323925 by Hestia
hubbie borrowed a couple of thousand dollars from his daughter when he got sacked from work,,they had an agreement that he was to pay as soon as house was sold.
then he died and his daughter that lives in a half a milion dolar house and is married and they both have works and new vehicles wanted me to cough up the money or send them my car,,me that nursed her dad all around the clock should send her my car!!! his daughter did use the family protection act to get to know thru her solicitor if any money in estate,,there wasnt,then she wanted to get her name on the title of my house!! I borrowed money from the bank and sent her solicitor. I was to do the house up and ended up borrowing more money to pay his daughter!!

More
13 years 8 months ago #323971 by beedee
H, Do you need the wood yourself? and what size is it now.. I had my trees dropped several years ago and it is hard getting someone with a chainsaw to come and do the circles..[I blackmailed the SIL] and I bought myself a log splitter... little but it does the job.
And as others ahve been bitten, I orginally had a pine dropped before it fell the wrong way, the guy took all the smaller branches etc and left me metre diameter slices, there was no way I could even pick them up so they slowly rotted into the ground... he did very well for his firewood business, I can only hope he has a bad case of piles one day to repay him for his nastiness.. that tree would have done me 5 yrs of firewood and that being my half.
So yes it is funny one sees at the service stations and red shed a little sack going for $12 and they get bought, a bit of sweat and no one is interested.
what would be the diameter of your circles, and did you need some split for you?????
I am sorry that the family continue to be a thorn in your side, I had hoped your silence was that things had improved slightly!

More
13 years 8 months ago #323978 by Hestia
I do need the wood myself,,but half of it is enough for my wood shed.
Hard to estimate how much it is when chopped up,,maybe 3-4 years supply?
The stems are cut in lengths,,nice and tidy,but need to be split.
The bottom of the stems where so wide so you would have had to be two people to hug the tree...
I thought the one that wants half of it,,split it all up and take half of it as pay for the work.....

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds