converted

More
12 years 2 months ago #22519 by TKFARMER
converted was created by TKFARMER
I have taken the plunge and downloaded firefox web browser. see how it goes and may never go back to IE. tkf

Playing farmer on 3.5 acres. [:)][:)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #323765 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic converted

TKFARMER;309698 wrote: I have taken the plunge and downloaded firefox web browser. see how it goes and may never go back to IE. tkf

I've used Firefox for several years now after IE wouldn't load bookcovers that are required for my work. I very rarely use IE anymore, as FF does all I need, quickly and efficiently.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 2 months ago #323796 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic converted
Good luck TKF - FF drives me crazy, I use it for most things, but it doesn't let me change regions on Trademe, and it is crap for Facebook - so I use IE for them.....

More
12 years 2 months ago #323798 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic converted

oskatd;309735 wrote: Good luck TKF - FF drives me crazy, I use it for most things, but it doesn't let me change regions on Trademe

It lets me change region just fine :p

oskatd;309735 wrote: and it is crap for Facebook

And it works just fine with Facebook -- I use it every day :p

What is your issue with Facebook and FF?

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
12 years 2 months ago #323799 by TKFARMER
Replied by TKFARMER on topic converted

oskatd;309735 wrote: Good luck TKF - FF drives me crazy, I use it for most things, but it doesn't let me change regions on Trademe, and it is crap for Facebook - so I use IE for them.....

I have version 3.63 which allows region change on trademe and all good on facebook. tkf

Playing farmer on 3.5 acres. [:)][:)]

More
12 years 2 months ago #323800 by GrantK

TKFARMER;309739 wrote: I have version 3.63 which allows region change on trademe and all good on facebook. tkf

Yep, that's the same version I am running. Maybe Oskatd needs to upgrade???

More
12 years 2 months ago #323813 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic converted
i've never had TM or FB problems, and I'm still on 3.5.8 haven't had any trademe probs on the older versions of FFox either...

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
12 years 2 months ago #323824 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic converted
I would like to change but am too nervous when you read all th problems with FF and Vista. Any of you using Vista?

More
12 years 2 months ago #323826 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic converted
XP!

I have whatever version of FF it updated to today. So presuming is reasonably recent.

TM problem as described, with facebook it doesn't show notifications - tells me i have them but won't let me view them, i nip over to IE and look at them just fine. Amongst other things that I can't think of right now. People rave about FF and I can't personally see why.

More
12 years 2 months ago #323831 by kate
Replied by kate on topic converted
DiDi, I have Vista and Firefox and it's great, no problems at all :D

Web Goddess

More
12 years 2 months ago #323835 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic converted
Maybe it's something in your personal setting on your computer that causes a conflict. I have no problems with FF. Have no problems with TM and FF either.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 2 months ago #323840 by GrantK

DiDi;309764 wrote: I would like to change but am too nervous when you read all th problems with FF and Vista. Any of you using Vista?

I am running FF on both XP and Windows 7. Before upgrading, I used FF with Vista.

Never had a problem with any of those [^]

The only reason I ever use IE is to save Web Archive (*.MHT) files occasionally. IE seems like such a slug by comparison, and I can't rely on it to save my tabs when exiting, whereas FF has never lost them, not even once after 2 years or more of use.

More
12 years 2 months ago #323857 by judes
Replied by judes on topic converted

oskatd;309766 wrote: XP!

I have whatever version of FF it updated to today. So presuming is reasonably recent.

TM problem as described, with facebook it doesn't show notifications - tells me i have them but won't let me view them, i nip over to IE and look at them just fine. Amongst other things that I can't think of right now. People rave about FF and I can't personally see why.

I had a similar problem with TM in the beginning and found that I had to delete the cookies from browser. Go to tools, options, privacy, show cookies and then delete all cookies, I wont say this will fix it but it did for me.

Jude
Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.

More
12 years 2 months ago #323922 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic converted
For those pages that don't work just right in FireFox, grab an addin for FF called Coral IETab . It means you won't have to start IE ever again, but will turn a FF tab into an IE Tab. So you'll have IE without leaving Firefox.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds