Bug watch!

More
12 years 2 months ago #22515 by Ghilly
Bug watch! was created by Ghilly
Rudd would have been proud of me tonight..... well probably not but I did a bit of night time exploring with the torch and a magnifying glass. There are a couple of Two Spinned Spiders living on the Camellias and I was interested to see if they were still there. I could only find one plus a tiny tiny spider I couldn't see properly... which is where the magnifying glass comes in. I trotted back inside and dug one of out the drawer. Couldn't see a bloody thing. Torch isn't very bright and I couldn't get close enough to the spider without breaking it's amazing web.

They string up a whole lot of web like a hotch potch of clotheslines between the shrubs. Apparently, they clean them all up by the morning and make new ones the next night. They are also apparently supposed to like citrus but I couldn't see any on the lemon or tangelo trees.

All this was in the vain hope, Tonks would be overcome with curiosity about what I was doing and I could get her inside for the night.
HA!

No chance. She skipped inside and polished off Phoebe's sardines around 8pm and shot off outside again so she's out there playing the big brave hunter with a puku full of sardines, the world, in her wee mind, is her oyster! Until she gets cold and wants a nice warm place to sleep, then she'll yeowl outside the window or appear at the sliding door in the morning looking like 'the little match girl (with only one wet match to sell)'.
Life is so hard for a cat with no cat door. I swear, if we had the one we have, installed, we'd wind up with an array of prey in various states of consumption, hidden who knows where... or left beside the bed for when you wake up.!

Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #323733 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Bug watch!
Pictures here: www.diggersvalley.co.nz/2009/Week21Feb09.htm and www.diggersvalley.co.nz/2008/Week12Jan08.htm .

I haven't seen any of them this year; must be too dry.

Ooops, hope that first link works now.

More
12 years 2 months ago #323749 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Bug watch!
Amazing wee beasties!!! Thanks Isla

Yakut

More
12 years 2 months ago #323764 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Bug watch!
I am very spoilt with my pussie cat as she uses the toilet window as her cat door. I have no idea how she does it as she is not small by any means, but manages to jump way up the wall and get through a security stayed window. Great when I want to go away for a couple of days as I can leave her food out in the kitchen and we are both happy.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds