can anybody help with my printer!!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323148 by the old ram
:confused:The computer memory has gone ,but the printer still says no ink and when I reinstalled the disc the printer did not revert to start ie language,country ,etc.frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323154 by GrantK

the old ram;309016 wrote: ...the printer still says no ink

In that case, it sounds like the printer has developed a hardware fault.

About the only thing you can do is to remove the Light Blue cartridge again.

Check that there aren't any pieces of paper or fluff sitting on top of the gold contacts that touch the cartridge. If in doubt, get hold of a small artist's brush or very small paintbrush and make sure the bristles are dry. Hold on to part of the metal frame of the printer to avoid build-up of static electricity and give the gold contacts a careful brush a few times.

Then re-insert the light blue cartridge and cross your fingers. Maybe, just maybe it might work. If not, then you are probably up for a new printer, as they are not worth repairing any longer.

the old ram;309016 wrote: ...and when I reinstalled the disc the printer did not revert to start ie language,country ,etc.

Have a look through the menus on the printer, and look for the Maintenance option. In there, you may find an option called something like "Restore Factory Defaults". That should allow you to start again from scratch.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323161 by the old ram
thanks grant k,found the factory restore and "pressed",ink level on light blue is still showing empty .I will try the little brush trick tomorrow and let u know,regards frank

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323163 by Stu_R
Frank ... just another thought ... is it genuine HP ink cartridge you got, or one of those re-filled ones you can buy ?
School i work for uses the refillable ones, and sometimes it takes them about 5 or 6 "test pattern" prints to make them work as it seems some sort of air-lock.
I agree with what Grant says , re check the the light blue again , also if that still doesn't work, try taking it back to where you got it and demanding a replacement one, as sometimes even the factory ones are dud's

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323166 by spoook
Sad news, if it is an "after market" cartridge all their guarantees are null and void. They used to say you HAVE to use ONLY the original HP cartridges. Doubt they will have changed that cop out. :(

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323226 by Istrian
Did you remember to remove the sticky tape from the front of the cartridge before you put it into the printer?

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323265 by the old ram
HI Guys,thanks for offers of help.
stu r:yes,I have only ever used HP inks!The printer is over 3 years old now.
spook:I read that two and thats why its always been hp inks.
istrain:02 inks come in little sealed packs and I have never found tape over contacts:
I was really busy and so I have not had a chance to try the little brush trick yet. :) regards Frank

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323353 by Istrian
Have another look. I am sure you will find that it does have a protective piece of tape. It is hard to see & can easily be missed.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323380 by DiDi
Istrain - pull your head in! He is a bloke! That is far too obvious. :D

P.S. I love blokes!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323396 by the old ram
Istrian:I have changed the full set 3 times and have NEVER found tape over the contacts,regards frank

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323488 by TKFARMER
I had one of those hp printers and got a similar problem. uninstalled it then reinstalled it ok for a while and happened again.Biffed the hp printer and purchased a brother best printers I ever had. tkf

Playing farmer on 3.5 acres. [:)][:)]

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323539 by the old ram
Thanks guys for all your help ,but all have failed,but,GUESS WHAT,HP e-mailed me a survey form to complete on there after sales internet site,so I gave it to them!!
Had I been using a shotgun there would have been lots of blood!!!It will be interesting to see if they reply.Thanks again for all your help

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #323540 by GrantK
Good on ya Frank, HP deserve a bollocking for their crappy printers.

Back in the day they were great, but I would never buy another. Epson is my favourite, but Canon are also good. Some of the Brother printers seem to have paper feed problems as well. For example, we had a multi-function printer/copier/scanner/fax with two paper trays. It was handy, because you could leave coloured paper in one, and white in the other. After a year or so, the larger tray where we put white paper started misfeeding more and more often until it crapped out completely. I cleaned all the rubber rollers, but to no avail. We kept on using it for a while by using the much smaller upper tray, but it still misfed sometimes.

Our current Epson TX300F multi-function printer/copier/scanner/fax has never missed a beat. The paper always feeds and we get good life out of the ink cartridges. Best of all, we can use the scanner from any PC connected to the network. This was not possible with the Brother. As a result, we are using the scan-to-email function more, and the fax function less. After about 18 months use, we are very happy with our Epson and it only cost NZ$150 brand new from Dick Smith.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds