Invasion of privacy?????

• Jack
12 years 4 months ago #321921 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Invasion of privacy?????
Gidday

Hey who has a right to privacy?

I would simply say that sure, you don't have to give your phone number. But they also don't hay to give you their cash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #321923 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Invasion of privacy?????

I would simply say that sure, you don't have to give your phone number. But they also don't have to give you their cash.

Actually it's ultimately "your" cash since it is coming electronically from ones account. All they are giving you is convenience which they get paid for.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 4 months ago #321930 by KScott_nz
Replied by KScott_nz on topic Invasion of privacy?????

Westie;307640 wrote: Don't forget your most likely under CCTV when writing down your number for them.

Invasion of privacy is a way of life.
Google Earth/Maps, CCTV in shops/streets/public places/motorways, passport chips, EFTPOS transactions. It saves lives, catches crooks and invades your privacy.

This is very true. Although I wouldn't write down my phone number if it were me. I'd point out that the EFT-POS transaction is instantaneous and they have CCTV footage of me making the transaction. If they refused to accept the transaction, shop somewhere else. It's in as much the shops best interest for EFT-POS payments as anyone's.

A married man should always forget his mistakes - there's no point in 2 people remembering the same thing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Auckland club shooters always looking for properties to clear rabbits, magpies and...

More
12 years 4 months ago #322107 by ccrk9
Replied by ccrk9 on topic Invasion of privacy?????
I'm with Ronnie. They dont need it. Yes sign the receipt that you got the cash - I walked out of a petrol station one day without signing the receipt and without the damn cash even though it had come out of my account....I was taking Mum to lunch and she had to pay as I had no money!! (blush). Lucky the petrol station rememeberd me and they had extra cash that didnt balance so all was well.

I simply say I dont have a phone number - true as the land line is in DH's name and its confidential unlisted. I do have a prepay cell phone but I dont give that number out.

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

More
12 years 4 months ago #322127 by The Kats Place
maybe they have staff issues and need to know the number in casethe have to check on something. I guess if you were not paying attention staff cout withdrawn cash from you account.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 4 months ago #322136 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Invasion of privacy?????
Watched as a customer withdrew cash with her groceries today. No mention of a phone number. So the policy has either been reveresed, or the staff member just forgot.
Didn't need cash today, so didn't try it myself.
Will see what happens next time.

I also thought they may be having staff issues as their staff are constantly leaving and having to train new ones. But surely, that is their problem, not the customers.

Thanks for all your support - good to know its not just me who finds this behaviour disturbing.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds