Brain Awareness Week

More
12 years 3 months ago #22331 by Isla
Brain Awareness Week was created by Isla
It is Brain Awareness Week . I went to an event named Brain Train today and it was excellent. It's on at Kaikohe tomorrow and Whangarei on Wednesday. That link lists various speakers in other parts of the country as well.

We had a neuro-researcher speak to our gathering this morning, followed by representatives from the Northland Alzheimers, Epilepsy, Parkinson's, Brain Injury and Parent support organisations, all of which had oodles of material available about the various disorders and their groups' activities in support of those affected and their family/whanau and carers.

I love it when scientists turn up in my part of the world and I can go and hear them speak!

On my way there, I realised it must have been Brain week last year when I was concussed by the ram attack. Maybe he knew.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #321690 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Brain Awareness Week
Were there any spare brains for sale.. this one seems to be disappearing fast, esp the priority and memory sections, let alone the simple maths calculator.
Certainly brain disturbances are very trying and cause many stresses within the immediate family, I hope the educational factor of the week helps them all

More
12 years 3 months ago #321694 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Brain Awareness Week
Who was the speaker? I went to one by Professer Faulls (I think thats right) very interesning man, then i was surprises to see him on TV in that raising funds for research with a car was advert

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 3 months ago #321728 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Brain Awareness Week
We had Dr Maurice Curtis, speaking on exercise and its effect on the brain, new brain tissue growth and so on.

I don't recall seeing that ad!

More
12 years 3 months ago #321743 by celt
Replied by celt on topic Brain Awareness Week
Isla, did the expert talk about hereditary element of alzhemiers (sp). My grandmother had it quite early 65 and my mother is unfortunately showing early signs. It is won of my biggest fears. I realise their are other horrible diseases but I have first hand experience of this one.

1 kiwi husband, 14 year old boy girl twins. Gave up my beautiful 16 acres north of auckland for 1000m2 in central christchurch! Yikes. Plan to get as much produce out of that 1000m2 as possible.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds