Computer monitor is now in technicolour

More
13 years 11 months ago #22203 by ronnie
This morning, the very top address bar was looking a bit "washed out". Sort of pale blue/grey rather than the lovely cobalt blue. It seemed to fix itself mid morning.

Have been at work all day and come home tonight to a lovely techniclolour screen [:0]

The top address bar is now lime green on the very left hand side thru to a khaki green on the right hand side (close/mimimise boxes) then down the right hand side goes from the green to a lovely bright pink in the time box at the very bottom. There are various shades in between.

Is this likely to fix itself with being shut down overnight?? (It normally is) or is the monitor on the way out???

Never had any monitor issues before.........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #320221 by arnie.m
Go to your monitor set up if it is crt and go to De Gaus (sp) and reset that should correct it

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
13 years 11 months ago #320222 by ronnie
Thanks arnie, but where would I find these???

More
13 years 11 months ago #320226 by Kalmara
be thankful you have some colour :) yesterday mine went black & stayed that way.
Is off to the repair shop tomorrow, am using old monitor in the meantime.

More
13 years 11 months ago #320240 by GrantK

ronnie;305794 wrote: Thanks arnie, but where would I find these???

You need to press the MENU button on your monitor and use the Up/Down arrows to select the De-Gauss option. When you select it, the screen display will give a bit of a wobble and you may hear a sort of a clunk followed by a brief buzzing sound -- don't worry, it's all perfectly normal [8D]

I take it that you have an old CRT monitor, as this doesn't generally happen with LCDs :confused:

Put it this way, if it does happen with an LCD, it is a major problem, most likely not fixable unless the LCD panel itself is replaced [:(!]

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
13 years 11 months ago #320265 by ronnie
Thanks guys,

It seems to have reset itself with being turned off over night. Hopefully, it will now behave itself......

More
13 years 11 months ago #320270 by wyseyes
Some monitors de-gauss themselves on startup, so you may have already done it.
If it comes back, you're looking at a fault in the monitor, or graphics card

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds