hi all

More
12 years 4 months ago #22112 by luca84
hi all was created by luca84
hi all,my name is Luca and I write from Italy.I don't write very well english but i think you understend me!;)I would like to succeed what is the new zealand agricolture.I'm an italian agronomist and I'm very happy to know a lot of people that love agricolture that me.please write me soon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #319091 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic hi all
Welcome to the site Luca, trust you can get some useful information

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
12 years 4 months ago #319097 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic hi all
Ciao Luca, benvenuto a LSB!

What kind of information would you like to know? This website has a lot of information on it under "Lifestyle File", but is there something specific we can help you with?

More
12 years 4 months ago #319098 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic hi all
Perhaps this could go under your place Jan so more will see it?

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
12 years 4 months ago #319101 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic hi all
I have some Italian breed cattle......Piedmontese, I like them. :)

More
12 years 4 months ago #319108 by sod
Replied by sod on topic hi all
Hi welcome your English is easy to understand dont worry

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 4 months ago #319171 by Istrian
Replied by Istrian on topic hi all
Ciao Luca, ma varda che coicidenza. Adesso abito in Auckland, Nuova Zelanda. Pero sono da Muggia - Trieste. Mio internet nome, come vede, e Istrian. Sono nato a Pinguente. Cio'e son Istrian.

More
12 years 4 months ago #319208 by Pumpkingirl
Very pretty Istrian, I love seeing other languages :D ... I hope Luca comes back!

More
12 years 4 months ago #319211 by Istrian
Replied by Istrian on topic hi all
Pumpkingirl, I got a little emotional when I saw that Luca is from Villesse - Gorizia. That is only some 30 - 50km from where I come from. Muggia - Trieste. It brought back so many memories. I know the place (region) where he is & I can tell you it is one of the best locations in the world. The Friuli Venezia-Giulia region is an amazing area. You will find all sorts of cropping/vineyards/kiwifruit orchards/silk worm farms as well as all sorts of industry - teracotta tiles/pots granite slabs agricultural machinery etc. Need I go on. One needs to be careful, though, when walking through the wooded areas on the "Carso" (rocky ground) which the whole of the Gorizia region is on. You just never know when you may encounter a viper. They sit low down on the undergrowth waiting for their prey - rats, mice, rabbits and as it happens your ankles are just at the right height. I must add that this is very rare but nevertheless a possibility.

More
12 years 4 months ago #319216 by Pumpkingirl

Istrian;304690 wrote: Pumpkingirl, I got a little emotional when I saw that Luca is from Villesse - Gorizia. That is only some 30 - 50km from where I come from. Muggia - Trieste.

It never ceases to amaze me how small the world is when a random Italian poster can find this forum, logon and leave a message, and almost immediately find a "neigbour".

It sounds very beautiful, as I imagine all of Italy to be, although I must say I'm darn glad we don't have vipers here :D

More
12 years 4 months ago #319371 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic hi all
Buonosera luca (well, I guess that it is evening there now).
About 7 years ago I went to Rome and Sorrento for a few weeks. I noticed how similar the climate is, and kiwifruit grow especially well. But Italy has been farmed for 3000 years or more, while NZ has only been farmed for 150 years. The soils are very different because of this. So what works here might not work very well there, and vice versa.
Because of this, any replies from the questions that you ask will be what we have found works for us, and might be quite wrong for you.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds