Building permit costs

More
14 years 6 months ago #2197 by reggit
Building permit costs was created by reggit
...I know this varies from place to place, but just wanting a ballpark figure for a new 240sqm house that I can plug into my very approximate budgeting spreadsheet to increase my bloodpressure even more [}:)]. If you are in the Waikato area, even better (OrganicLtd? [:I]).

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #69670 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Building permit costs
Is that the same as building consent? I was quoted approx. $2500 for a new dwelling in franklin...

More
14 years 6 months ago #69672 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Building permit costs
Yep, same thing :) we are building within district plan requirements so no resource consents needed for the house itself.

But do you need a resource consent for the septic tank, I wonder, because you are making a discharge onto land - and it goes through the regional council not the district council? Oskatd, where are ya? [:0]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 6 months ago #69675 by max2
sorry Tigger me again, you are under En. Waikato too? I can send you an email tomorrow I received from a very helpful lady that explained that side of it..

More
14 years 6 months ago #69677 by reggit
Thanks, all help gratefully accepted from whomever can provide it! :D

We have deliberately overbudgeted (we think) on absolutely everything until we can start getting actual quotes, but just making sure we haven't missed out any 'surprises'.

Look forward to your email :D

We are putting in exactly the same septic system as next doors, as they are on exactly the same soil type and gradient (ie none!) so hopefully no hassles and no price surprises either!

More
14 years 6 months ago #69683 by Ziggy
Replied by Ziggy on topic Building permit costs
Tigger for your septic tank talk to DART developments (in hamilton) their tanks are pre approved by Waikato Regional Council I think so no hassel at all and they do all the install as well. They also do concrete water tanks that can be put underground etc.

More
14 years 6 months ago #69686 by reggit
Thanks Ziggy, will check it out - any idea of ballpark costs for their septic system?

I find it so frustrating nowadays when businesses don't have websites (just tried to find theirs) so you can't do a bit of homework first! ;)

More
14 years 6 months ago #69714 by max2
tigger this is part reply from EW to my questions re fees:

Hi S.....(you know that bit).[8D]

You're welcome. A fee is only payable to Environment Waikato if you need to apply for a resource consent from Environment Waikato. If the chosen wastewater system meets all of the requirements of a permitted activity there are no fees associated with this.

If you did need to apply for resource consent the initial deposit required when the application is submitted is $500, and the costs associated with processing the consent usually range from $500 to $1500 for a simple, straight-forward consent. The $500 is therefore sufficient to initiate processing of the consent.

It must be a big learing curve, if I can be of any further help to you please let me know.

Kind Regards
Kate

More
14 years 6 months ago #69726 by RKH
Replied by RKH on topic Building permit costs
Tigger, it tends to work on the value of the dwelling rather than the size, so for a 240sqm @ $1500.oo per sqm to build you are looking at $360,000 as a guesstimate finished value. There will be the council fee, then the chunk to add to that for the DBH and BRANZ fees, if you are connecting to water or sewer there will be those fees as well. For a $300,000 value building we just paid nearly $5,000 in building consent fees. Oh, and don't try to pull the wool over their eyes by saying the house will be cheaper to construct etc etc, all been heard before, it's the COMPLETED value they are interested in, they don't care whether or not you hammered every nail yourself or managed to get a cheap deal on a load of timber.......

Arapawa Island Sheep, 2 dogs, 2 cats, one huge Kunekune, 4 tiny Kunekune's and some cool chickens.

More
14 years 6 months ago #69745 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic Building permit costs
I wasn't asked what the completed value of my house would be by council.

They asked me how big it would be and charged me a $1500 fee (that's a 77 square metre house with 33m porch). My neighbour got a building consent at about the same time for a much bigger house (220sq m or so) and I think his fees were about $2000 or just over.

More
14 years 6 months ago #69784 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Building permit costs
Tigger, providing your septic tank and effluent lines comply with the EW's Onsite Effluent Plan, you won't need a consent from them - it will just be done as part of your building consent. The cost of the BC will be determined by the value of the build and the number of inspections you require - don't expect that it will be cheap!

Sounds exciting, I thought you were building a more modest home to start with???

More
14 years 6 months ago #69791 by reggit

quote:Originally posted by RKH

Oh, and don't try to pull the wool over their eyes by saying the house will be cheaper to construct etc etc, all been heard before, it's the COMPLETED value they are interested in, they don't care whether or not you hammered every nail yourself or managed to get a cheap deal on a load of timber.......

Darnit! We ARE doing all that, cos if it were costing us $1500 per sqm we'd be bankrupted! [:0] But I hadn't expected the permit to be cheap and have put in a larger budgeted sum than you mention so that is okay...

Oskatd, we've got enough to build the shell to move into before selling our place here and finishing the new place, at the end of the day building it in two pieces was going to be too much of a mission and there were cost savings doing the main stuff (to shell) all at once. [:I] We would have done it had we no choice, but circumstances have changed a little allowing us to steam ahead [8D]

More
14 years 6 months ago #69795 by oskatd
The final cost doesn't have to include all your floor coverings and other chattels, you only have to have your plumbing up to speed and the stopping done to get your CCC.... Council isn't interested in how much ya shagpile costs....

More
14 years 6 months ago #69796 by oskatd
PS, $1500 is conservative these days....

More
14 years 6 months ago #69798 by reggit
Cripes, how do people afford to build nowadays?? [:0]

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds