Unusual animal names...

More
14 years 3 months ago #318848 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Unusual animal names...
Goats - Rogan, Josh, Curry, Korma, Marsala, The Three Cookies Milkyway & Yoghurt, Titus, Jaja (her twin was Binks), and newly arrived billy Riley.
Cats - Yellow Mellow, Jasper (from the kids book), Sasha, Splodge, Evil Needle, and Tucker who moved in with the neighbors cause they feed him more.
Heifer Calves are Chocolate & Brownie
Dogs - Grommet & Wallis, Chloe & Halley, Hoi (he wasn't named it was what the farmer yelled to get his attention) and Jack

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #318849 by Ziggy
Replied by Ziggy on topic Unusual animal names...
We have a sheep called "Potatoe Berry" this was my sons pet lamb when he was 3, this was followed the next year by "Super Hero" they make lovely ewes but some people do look at you oddly when you call them!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #318918 by Yo Man
Replied by Yo Man on topic Unusual animal names...
Brother had a pet sheep before I was born called Hunka Munka, then a rooster called Spritel, and our ginger cat was 'Grover Maverick Steven Buckby Yo .. (my surname). My boys cat, who he named Vamp (ie Vampire), lived up to its name one night sinking all four teeth into his arm (not his neck) one night.

More
14 years 3 months ago #318938 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Unusual animal names...
we got 2 cows 1called Paula :D and 1 called Poo :D in their before life now Pooh Bear[;)] calves are Poppy and PoohBah:rolleyes: :D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 3 months ago #318947 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Unusual animal names...

sod;304387 wrote: we got 2 cows 1called Paula :D and 1 called Poo :D in their before life now Pooh Bear[;)] calves are Poppy and PoohBah:rolleyes: :D

:D :D :D :D :D [^][^][^][^][:X][:X][:X][:X]

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
14 years 3 months ago #319020 by poaka
Replied by poaka on topic Unusual animal names...
The only one I named was a Black Orpington of a violent nature called Admiral Hen blower.. sadly he walked the plank

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy. [:)]

3 Beef Roasts and Mince
40 Chicken Roasts and Omelettes
25 Pigeon Pies left after Falcon dined out,. 5 pheasants
plus 3 pig dogs

More
14 years 3 months ago #319022 by missab
Replied by missab on topic Unusual animal names...
wow some very cool names i to have a dislike for the ordinary although some of my animals have come with some very plain jane names... normally changed eventually :)
we have
frogs : wally and two.. (as in theres one and wheres wally. one died so two replaced him[:I])
cat :ollie- gets called ol wols
dogs: chihuahua named .ladylangtree by breeder but we call her mia
mastif called auto but i reg call him dumbo! :D
B/R rooster got called ROO so his hen got called kanga. all the rest are un named
our 3 goats started off as lilly, nilly and no nuts willy but nilly got changed to audre headbut then changed to pink (fiesty singer)
horses:silvee, carey and ambosia
ostriches are arnie and squartz (they make the sound of the predator movie)
rabbits: dodge, blue saphire,beanie,moon and shaelia
guinea pigs : splish, splash, splosh, minily,crinkle,cruize,milly,deme,lavia
and we had a siamese fighter who was called lovelace :D

3 equines (brendon,bellissimo and mariah), 6 wiltshire ewes + 4 ram lambs, 1 mini goat (pinky),1 berkshire sow (penelope), 20 odd chickens,6 sebastopol goslings, 3 flemish giant rabbits(bones,bounce,moon), longhaired guinea pig(splish)1 mastif (auto), 2 chihuahuas (mia,seeka),1 maincoon cat...

• jdnz
14 years 2 months ago #319483 by jdnz
Replied by jdnz on topic Unusual animal names...
My first ever pets were 2 goldfish and I called them Fluffy and Fido...I was being a bit rebellious because my landlord wouldn't allow pets. I considered that to mean cats and dogs so managed to have fish, mice called Jemima and Matilda, a Tasmanian tree frog called Taz and a budgie called Oliver James.

Since then I've had a cat called Oscar George and still have Elly Mae and Midnight aka Fluffy. We also have:

sheep - Mocha, Fudge, Ella and Jacko
pigs - Annabel, Roxie, Trixibelle, Jasper and Eugene
goats - Milo and Billy
chooks - many unnamed but also Rangi (he's our black rooster), Sister Augustine and Sister Mary Joseph (they look like nuns), Whitey and Priscilla, Grey and Grey, Raptor, Freckles and Little Red hen.
lovebirds - Polly and Freddie
canaries - Mr Yellowhead and Honey
Chinese Painted Quail - a hen called Arthur Baldwin. We thought she was a boy and had all her head feathers pulled out at one stage so was bald.

I love naming animals but tend not to name any that are already named when I acquire them, hence a goat called Billy.

More
14 years 2 months ago #319501 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Unusual animal names...
Dairy farm where I milk for my friend has a few friesian cows with funny names ...My fav cow is called #96:rolleyes:
but there is also:
Diamond,
Starlight,
Dozzie (#12)
Aunty Barbara,
Google,
Bubble cow,
Katie,
Little Red (the only red cow in the herd and she is 100% fresian!!!),
Wobbly,
and a few others but perhaps the best and most self explanatory is .....
PHAR LAP[:0]
Cheers ...................I love this thread BTW>[^]

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
14 years 2 months ago #319580 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic Unusual animal names...
here's mine.

sheep:
boy sheep: flymo, masport, oscar
girl sheep: blackie, cilla, molly, olly

chooks: mrs black, mrs white, mrs brown (original huh).
duck: donella

cats: benny, bailey (he's the colour of baileys drink, well he was when he was a baby - darkened up now), and macey grey (coz she is grey).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds