Unusual animal names...

More
14 years 3 months ago #21868 by reggit
...or are they?

www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/3283120/Quirky-dog-names

I particularly like Alfred Popsicle, but then we have a ewe called Patrick Piglet, and a dog who, while her official name is Tigger, is called (mostly by hubby) and answers to Wiggly Squiggly, Tiggle Piggle, Woofly Squoofly, Sausage, and Woofy Pig, amongst other things [}:)] both the ewe and the dog are ruled by their stomach.

At least if you call animals weird names you don't have to pay for their therapy later in life [;)]

Anyone want to share more?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #316108 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Unusual animal names...
had 3 lambs called Roast Chop and shank ... befor grove owners wife had a hissy fit and christned them Harr, William and Russell.. lol were always still rost chop and shank to me :)
and they did taste good to :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #316110 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Unusual animal names...
One of our ewe lambs is called "Mr Sheep". That's what happens when you let a 4-year-old choose a name.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
14 years 3 months ago #316113 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Unusual animal names...
We had a Buff Orp rooster named Cheddar Cheese Man, and currently have a mixed breed hen called Cream Cheese. I do NOT name most of the chooks here, but my daughter does, and some of them really have some doosies! We have a cat called Carrot, the goats go from the banal to the ridiculous to the sublime. And we have 3 goats and a cow, all named Happy in some form or another (there's Felix, Alegra, Happy and Felicity). Naming animals is fun!

Andrea
Oxford

More
14 years 3 months ago #316123 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Unusual animal names...
:) Andrea agred :) ... my incestuious little black Goat is called E B , Eee Bee moistly .. cause knowing his father (Cocoa) .. E B can stand for lots of things as he grows .. lol Escaping Bastard, Exceedingly Bright, Evil Bugger .. lol which ever suits at the time :)
Lolwas originally named Ebony ( being jet black) till i got close enough to discover he had dangly bits lol

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #316124 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Unusual animal names...
My daughter's dog is called Kaphupi (kar-foop-ie) as its the word for explosion in Swahili. You can guess what she was like as a puppy!

More
14 years 3 months ago #316126 by cantyguy
Replied by cantyguy on topic Unusual animal names...
We had a kitten turn up and work and ran a competition to name him. Winning name
'Geoffrey Cookingfat' ... I kid you not!

When the kids were little all the pet lambs were called 'CD' otherwise known as 'Christmas Dinner' and a calk called 'Snitzel'

More
14 years 3 months ago #316128 by Indigo
Replied by Indigo on topic Unusual animal names...
15 yr old son named 2 of my black silkie chicks Gunter and Mumble - go figure out a teenage brain hehe

More
14 years 3 months ago #316129 by Kalmara
Replied by Kalmara on topic Unusual animal names...
Snap Andrea - we too have a Carrot cat :)

Attached files
File Attachment:

More
14 years 3 months ago #316139 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Unusual animal names...
I have got 3 cats at the moment ...Precious (boring ...didn't name her breeder did) ...also have her daughter ...Purrfectly Posh :) and my old puddy-girl Tickle My[:0] ...also had a sweety that I bred but had to have PTS at only a few months old ...she was the spitting image of Tickle My so I named her *Tickle Me Too* :D :D :D
My GSD was already named Tanna ...it suits her and apparently she got it because she was a bit naughty as a pup and they were always going to Tanna hide[:0]
I also sold one kitten who's pedigree name was
*Grandlee Furgus-Fluffalot*[:I] I bred persians for a while!
I love funny animal names ...I've got a ewe called Woolameena and a cow called Elizabeef ...yep good fun :p I could go on and on and on:rolleyes:[;)]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
14 years 3 months ago #316172 by digby
Replied by digby on topic Unusual animal names...

One of our ewe lambs is called "Mr Sheep". That's what happens when you let a 4-year-old choose a name.

I asked our littlies what should we call her? "Baa baa" was the reply and so it was. our two sheep were called Baabaa and Grace. Grace was the husband's humour. Grace .... as is Thank you God for all our food.

we also had a
Fox Terrier - Max Rex (aka Max wrecks) and another foxie Jimmy Biter

Before you all demand that Jimmy Biter be put down... he no longer bites everything in sight, he has grown up and matured, he has grown so old that he won't even come down the paddock with me :(

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
14 years 3 months ago #316176 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Unusual animal names...
Our black aranana is Oprah.... what else! :cool:

A few years ago our bullmastiff was proudly named Thor. That was before we found out that his Mum was Freya and Dad was Odin...... spooky discovery [:0]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
14 years 3 months ago #316180 by The Kats Place
We have Mckenzie the dog, Black cat, Boydle and George are the three cats.
Pigs are Chrunchie, Jess and Dolly. The piglets still to go to new homes are Rent-a-pig and Hamlet. The Ram is Mr Higgins (named after my ex son in law, he is big and fat and ugly, think as a plank and waves his boy bits at everything) The ewes ar Batty (she is to) Hey U and U2. My milking goat is Bubbles and the hanger on goats are Molly, Gemma, Heidi and Billy the kid. the calves and lambs for the freezer don't tend to get named.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 3 months ago #316181 by BillyTheTractor
We have a cat called Winston Banana (is it cos I is black, Ali G!) and a dog called Tallulah does the Hula ( after that judge ruled a couple couldn't call their baby that as she wasn't in the kennel club - made us laugh!) We just call her Lulah though. I've also got a wee chick called Kiwifluffybot.

Wee Farm

More
14 years 3 months ago #316195 by kiwi_jon
Replied by kiwi_jon on topic Unusual animal names...
We have a blue persian called Heathcliff and his half sister, an apricot colourpoint, called.....

You guessed it....

not Cathy :D but Sophie (breeder name was Liandra).

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds