i need used feed/fertaliser sacks urgently

More
12 years 5 months ago #21705 by peanut_bites
Hi

I am in desperate need for used sacks - we are in nelson area but will pay for shipping if needed.

thanks
Kate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #21706 by peanut_bites
Hi

I am in desperate need for used sacks - we are in nelson area but will pay for shipping if needed.

thanks
Kate

More
12 years 5 months ago #314007 by The Kats Place
shame you are so far away, what do you need them for? We often have a thread on here asking for suggestions on what to do with them but I've never seen some one wanting them before, we are usually trying to get rid.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 5 months ago #314012 by chicken_itis
I have a few. PM me your address (or somewhere I can drop them off) as I will be in town tomorrow :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #314040 by peanut_bites

The Kats Place;298948 wrote: shame you are so far away, what do you need them for? We often have a thread on here asking for suggestions on what to do with them but I've never seen some one wanting them before, we are usually trying to get rid.

I use them for the kids to collect pinecones around the farm, also i give people sacks of hay when they buy my rabbits and the kids pick up horse manure and give to my boss for her garden but i never get them back!

More
12 years 5 months ago #314045 by Kiwi303
I have lots, but 90+ % have holes in them from where the rats have been nesting in them. You could come and have a root around if you want, but I doubt there wold be enough unholey ones to be worth the drive from Mot.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
12 years 5 months ago #314048 by Xartep
If you lived closer you could have some of mine, I save them all and then fill them with pinecones and apples each season, but always have extra. I also use them to sort the glass recycling and then dump them in the plastic film slot. But can't use them fast enough.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
12 years 5 months ago #314137 by cantyguy
check out your local feed mill or poultry farm.

More
12 years 5 months ago #314158 by The Kats Place
great re using pb. I have a few but too far away to be of any use. I just wondered as I'm always after uses for them.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 5 months ago #314175 by beedee
phone the big farmers ... they probably have burnt them all, but could save them for you next calf season

More
12 years 5 months ago #314219 by GrantK
We took 2 big bundles of these to the local dump yesterday; there would have been 50 sacks at least. The guys who work there helped themselves.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be economic to send them from the Far North to Nelson, but if anybody nearer home wants some every so often, let me know and I'll make a note to contact you next time we have some. They are constantly piling up in our garage due to the excess numbers of chooks we currently have.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
12 years 5 months ago #314232 by LongRidge
The Ravensdown staff down in lower Queen St, Richmond, used to raise funds by selling used 40kg bags that they have had returned but are not permitted to put fertiliser in again. Phone 543 9320.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds