How long would you wait ?.....about 6 days was enough

More
12 years 5 months ago #21615 by beedee
Before accepting your herd has been stolen, and so stop looking!!
[:(!]
I reduced my stock before xmas and left myself with 11 dairy goats, including the buck, and kid hatched on New years eve.
plus the dribs and drabs waiting to go their way.. they have remained home
Sun morn was the last I saw of them.. I have been over yelling at the maize crop early this morn, this seasons 5 x kids are very vocal and would have replied.. been down the back and to the side, and nuffink.
I had an incident a few months ago where I stopped this guy for being on my property without permission shooting etc and he indicated he came from one corner.. so I am wondering if I have had retribution.
guess its another sign for me to head off to aussieland as I wont have to find anyone to look after the milkers
I now have 6 acres of daisies, is there a market for them:rolleyes:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #313017 by reggit
Oh no, beedee! [:0] Have you put word out to all the neighbours to keep an eye out for them? Any obvious fence gaps appeared that they could have got through?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
12 years 5 months ago #313019 by ronnie
I would be ringing the police pronto !!!
Even if your stock have somehow manged to wander off all by themselves, its best to get police help sooner rather than later. When we had calves go missing, and ultimately proven to have been stolen, the police were a great help and took the matter very seriously.

What a worry for you.

More
12 years 5 months ago #313021 by kate
That's terrible :( :( I would be contacting the police too..

Web Goddess

More
12 years 5 months ago #313026 by beedee
Tiggs, Sadie has shifted some of the blocks against the boundary fence, so yes they could have gone thro.. we dont know who is leasing that block, but lets say the grass there is certainly NOT greener.. ad they would have come home each night... or be within cooee of a call..
I have notified the maize croppers, but will flick an Email off to the police.. I did check the TM but none for sale yet..
my one worry is that if they are stolen, is that they wont remove the collars off the babies, have about another 2mths growth then need to go up a size, so a painful death if they are released..and not curried.. and of course Tahir is such a softy, he would walk right up to them.. then again maybe they will be home tomorrow.
I officially have 5 neighbours, but only one that isnt a run off or lease
and we wont even go on about the $5k fencing just done let alone if I wanted to buy a replacement.. I have the 2 angoras and lamb in the inner circle paddock..
gggggrrrrrrr

More
12 years 5 months ago #313027 by reggit
Can you contact your local paper and see if they'll run an article on it/photos? Might be worth putting word out further afield in case someone has heard something or to jog their memories...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
12 years 5 months ago #313037 by Pumpkingirl
Beedee, I'm so sorry, that's just awful. I'd have waited about 2 minutes.

I would be calling the police, and I would be searching up hill and down dale. They might have just walked and then lost their bearings and kept going in the wrong direction. If they were stolen, surely it would have been a lot of noise?

Or are you thinking they were shot?

More
12 years 5 months ago #313039 by Hawkspur
Definitely contact the police: they may have had other reports of thefts in the area, and can put the pieces together if you tell them. Plus, any insurance claim relating to theft will require a report...

More
12 years 5 months ago #313055 by jeannielea
Contact the spca too just in the unlikely case they've gone off somewhere. What a bad start to the year, do hope you find them.

More
12 years 5 months ago #313061 by Birman Babe
Blardy heck, surely not stolen ?
You must be worried sick about them
Yes, SPCA/Police, etc, for sure.

More
12 years 5 months ago #313064 by digby
I'm with the others POLICE and SPCA ... yesterday

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
12 years 5 months ago #313068 by Stu_R
Spca, police, local council pound people, the animal control people and even local radio station and report them "Lost, or mising"
Agree with Digby , yesterday was the time .. so do it now Beedee !!!
Fingers, toes, everything crossed that you get them back and they are fit and healthy

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #313069 by max2
Do you have a local newsletter, or a noticeboard up at a garage or shop?

We had another sort of trouble over the christmas break, and it was surprising when talking to others in the road who had suffered the same. Get the word out there.

More
12 years 5 months ago #313111 by Ghilly
Police, SPCA, local Vets, Animal Control anyone that has anything to do with animals in your neck of the woods!!!! I feel sick just thinking about what could have happened to them.

If someone has stolen them... well some people are just gagging to be hated.

I hope they turn up safe and sound and with full healthy puku.

Yakut

More
12 years 5 months ago #313118 by Dream Weaver
OMG thats just so awful. Im with the others enlist all the help you can with police, spca etc and fingers crossed.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds