Ideas please

More
12 years 5 months ago #21613 by bevhawkins
Ideas please was created by bevhawkins
Our Son is getting married in our Orchard next month and the celebrant has asked for some kind of a table down there. I would like something in keeping with the rustic theme - any ideas????:confused:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #313011 by flyingfeathers
Replied by flyingfeathers on topic Ideas please
How about an oak barrel ? or wooden step ladders ? :)

7 acres in the wonderful South Wairarapa

More
12 years 5 months ago #313018 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Ideas please
It will be for the signing, so you can do it with a small table, but even a nice bit of timber on supports would work. One advantage of this is you could set it at a height suitable for standing, and they could face the people over it which is good, because it can be a bit of a dull moment in the ceremony while everyone shuffles around sits down and has a turn at the signing.

More
12 years 5 months ago #313053 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Ideas please
I like the idea of a barrel but have seen small wrought iron tables (covered with a lacy cloth) too. My daughter was married at the beach and we had a an ordinary small table with a coth and a small flower and shell (with a couple of shells on ribbons that hung over the side) arrangement in the corner nearest the audience. Make sure the surface is big enough for the documents to lie flat and the surface is smooth enough to write on.

More
12 years 5 months ago #313078 by sarniagirl
Replied by sarniagirl on topic Ideas please
I went to a wedding and they had it in an orchard it was beautiful.
They had a wrought iron table that they bought from trade me.It was decorated with fresh flowers all around the legs ect and looked lovely.

More
12 years 5 months ago #313141 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Ideas please
My first thought on reading this was wrought iron too. Kind of fits the rustic theme.

More
12 years 5 months ago #313168 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Ideas please
I was thinking of a table of recycled wood, sort of rustic well cobbled together affair complete with lichen still attached.....

I had to sing at my sisters wedding while they were signing..... The groom chose the song (from memory) it was the Beatles version on of 'till there was you'....... I had to sing it so many bloody times! Who knew it would take SO LONG for the signatures to be signed. Talk about sounding repetitive! It's not a very long song but I doubt Don McLeans American Pie would have been long enough.
Keep in mind you also don't want things being blown off the table so a bit of well placed tape, double sided, or something might be in order to hold things in place.

Yakut

More
12 years 5 months ago #313211 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Ideas please

Yakut;298008 wrote: I was thinking of a table of recycled wood, sort of rustic well cobbled together affair complete with lichen still attached.....

I had to sing at my sisters wedding while they were signing..... The groom chose the song (from memory) it was the Beatles version on of 'till there was you'....... I had to sing it so many bloody times! Who knew it would take SO LONG for the signatures to be signed. Talk about sounding repetitive! It's not a very long song but I doubt Don McLeans American Pie would have been long enough.
Keep in mind you also don't want things being blown off the table so a bit of well placed tape, double sided, or something might be in order to hold things in place.

Yakut

If the celebrant can set the bits of paper (under an attractive paper weight given the outdoor location :D ) and pens out in advance, and explain to those who will be signing, in advance of the ceremony, what they are signing, and where, and how many times, and what else they need to do and in what order, it can speed things up. Sometimes it does end up as a confused shuffle with whispered explanations which is a shame.

More
12 years 5 months ago #313306 by Valmai
Replied by Valmai on topic Ideas please
How about an apple bin turned upside down? Some fruit, or bowls of fruit as paper weights.

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
12 years 5 months ago #313310 by bevhawkins
Replied by bevhawkins on topic Ideas please
Thanks for the great ideas - keep them coming!! I am trying to get an idea on a wrought iron table - will look on Trade Me :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #313311 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic Ideas please
The base of an old singer sewing machine would make a nice table.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds