Home improvements and water problems!

• maggies mum
14 years 6 months ago #2158 by maggies mum
Home improvements and water problems! was created by maggies mum
I've been a busy bee, painting and decorating the last couple of weeks. I've repainted the office....

From this:

To this in a weekend (not including the waiting time for the furniture)

I've freshened up the little loo, repainted MD's bedroom and now I'm working my way through the passage to the laundry. I'll post photos of the last few when they are finished.

I'm hot, sweaty, my eyes are sore from all the cutting in! But all is ok I have a wine!:D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #69055 by reggit
Just don't try to do any more AFTER the wine, is all! [}:)]

Looks good, must come out for an inspection of the handiwork. You certainly chose a nice humid time to do be doing it! :D

Wanna swap? I'm just doing a belated spring clean from top to bottom, ugh!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
14 years 6 months ago #69059 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Home improvements and water problems!
Oh no chance, not the housework!

Once years ago we were renovating an old house. We stopped to go down the pub to watch some horse race. Anyway a 'few' drinkies later we went back to resume painting! We were painting an old sash window, bloomin awkward thing it was. We went to bed thinking it looked ok. In the morning it did but it was when we went outside and saw all the drips on the outside that we realised we would have to paint the outside now!! lol

More
14 years 6 months ago #69067 by GrantK

quote:Originally posted by maggies mum

...we went outside and saw all the drips on the outside that we realised we would have to paint the outside now!! lol

MM, I know exactly what you mean. We have 2 of those on our old farm cottage and they are cows of things to paint [xx(] (no disrespect to cows intended) :p

From your knowledge of the jargon i.e. "cutting in" it sounds like you're quite an experienced painter [:I]

Well done, the room looks great :)

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

• maggies mum
14 years 6 months ago #69069 by maggies mum
Thanks Grant. Yeah know all the jargon, cutting in, sanding down, bugger it, sod it, s**t! All the technical terms!

Been decorating for years. Dad showed me once years ago and left me tot it! I can hang wallpaper too. Just as well really, even thought BD can do all that fine, he hates it so if I want summat done then I have to do it myself!

This will be the 3rd house we've had to do up, but this will be easy compared to the last 2, we pretty much gutted those. Just as well BD's talents lie in the plumbing, electrical, building, tiling etc areas. Next time you're up we'll show you some photos, got thousands, best stay a week!

More
14 years 6 months ago #69122 by The Kats Place
Way to go MM. Can we come up for a peek? I've still got those doggie toys from christine too.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 6 months ago #69127 by kate
Looking great...you really deserve those wines...:D

Web Goddess

• maggies mum
14 years 6 months ago #69172 by maggies mum
Well Kate I do class it as a place of work, therefore regular tea/coffee/wine breaks are a must! ;)

Aye TKP, come for a peek, wanna come Friday? The laundry should be well under way by then! In fact I would like it finished, but it depends on MD having the cupboards built! ;) Oops I forgot the doggie things!

More
14 years 6 months ago #69173 by reggit
I might as well come out then too, MM, pick up that tape - another coffee morning? :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
14 years 6 months ago #69175 by maggies mum
Sounds good to me luv!! Open house, bring a paintbrush!

Nah just kidding! ;)

• maggies mum
14 years 6 months ago #69181 by maggies mum
Oops just remembered!! Can't do Friday, I'm at Vilagrads for lunch with work (orchid house)

Can do any other day though!

More
14 years 6 months ago #69192 by The Kats Place
Monday the 17th? Hows that for you MM? tigger? Kate? anyone?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

• maggies mum
14 years 6 months ago #69214 by maggies mum
Yeah that be good, might be a problem for tigger though!

More
14 years 6 months ago #69217 by oskatd
Nice one! Our whole house stinks at the moment, other half has just undercoated the fibrous plaster, which ofcourse has to be done with pigmented sealer, which is oil based, so we all have headaches.... still on the home stretch now, soon will just be the floors to polish and lino and the eaves to paint, then we can sell and start again - groan!

• maggies mum
14 years 6 months ago #69220 by maggies mum
oohhhh oskatd! We said we would never do up another house! But we lied obviously! We did up 2 and moved just as we finished, I'm definately not doing that again!

Just to add to all the fun, we don't appear to have any hot water today! I'm so glad that's not my department!

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds