shedding a tear....

More
14 years 3 months ago #21411 by max2
shedding a tear.... was created by max2
for those that cannot be here.

shite its only early and I promise I hadn't had much to drink, but Nan entered my thoughts and then the howling came out and i couldn't stop.

Its been a few years since Nan was about and a fixture at our family christmas gatherings...

anyone else going through the same?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #310781 by digby
Replied by digby on topic shedding a tear....
yeah - haven't started the tears though (yet)

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
14 years 3 months ago #310784 by Kalmara
Replied by Kalmara on topic shedding a tear....
yep know the feeling, lost my mum 1/12 last year. Today looking for a new shower curtain, I found one with cats on it, Mother was very much a cat person !
Now every time I walk into the bathroom brings back memories of happy christmas days when she was still with us.

More
14 years 3 months ago #310785 by kaponga
Replied by kaponga on topic shedding a tear....
2 weeks ago, twas 2 years since my best friend died.
A wreck doesn't even come close to an accurate description.

Just know you are not alone, and that we keep those close to our hearts in memories and thoughts. Whether or not they are still here or not

More
14 years 3 months ago #310790 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic shedding a tear....
swaggie - no to losing anyone at this time of year but this year I lost someone I adored to suicide and so working through the anger and the acceptance and moving on is not easy. Hugs to you and anyone else who has lost a precious friend, family member etc.

I guess I am a bit different in that I accept death quite easily (normally) when it is someone who has lived the majority of an expected life and is taken through illness or accident. I just get confused and angry with people who chose to end it way before time and don't tell you why.

More
14 years 3 months ago #310798 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic shedding a tear....
Christmas is a time when i miss my dear mum who absolutely loved christmas, she has been gone 8 years now. And then theres my dear sister who died 9 years ago. Its just not the same without them, and now the kids are all grown I spend alot of time in memories of wonderful christmas's past. Thank goodness we have the memories. Oh for just one more with them all.

More
14 years 3 months ago #310800 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic shedding a tear....
Thats it eh Smilie, just another year with them...

I am ok now tonight, it was just one of those moments and it all came out. I was with my cousie in law a couple of years ago and she went through the same thing on our verandah for an event that occured many years beforehand, and it just flooded out for her.

I have a few years under my belt since nan went, but geeze i think what set me off was an episode of Grand Designs and the lady said she looked forward to seeing her grandkids running about the garden, although she didn't have any at that point.

So off went my memories..... and thus the tears.

Hugs to everyone though. memories are good.

More
14 years 3 months ago #310820 by wedtoiain
Replied by wedtoiain on topic shedding a tear....
We've had the worst ever lead up to Christmas this year. It was the 7th anniversary for my daughter in November. My Dad just passed away this Dec 5 and we have also just had the funeral for the son of one of our neighbours this Tuesday. He was the kayaker that went missing. On top of that husband is working this Christmas.

So, we've moved it to the 30th December and will be having family and friends over and having a real Christmas with lots of love, goodwill, presents, food and wine.

70 acres with 1 husband, 1 mother-in-law, cattle, horses, dogs, cats, chooks, wild ducks, pigs.[:D][:D]

More
14 years 3 months ago #310827 by digby
Replied by digby on topic shedding a tear....
Didi - I have lost a friend to suicide this year too and I am finding it hard as well. Why? why? why?

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
14 years 3 months ago #310828 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic shedding a tear....
Yes - that was me this morning. Lost my Dad end of August last year and then my Mum beginning of September this year and miss her like crazy First Christmas without both of them...... :( :( but we decided that we weren't going to do our usual 'English' Chrismas dinner (lunch) so did a big barbecue instead.................. i went down well. :)

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
14 years 3 months ago #310829 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic shedding a tear....
Yes - that was me this morning. Lost my Dad end of August last year and then my Mum beginning of September this year and miss her like crazy First Christmas without both of them...... :( :( but we decided that we weren't going to do our usual 'English' Chrismas dinner (lunch) so did a big barbecue instead.................. it went down well. :)

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
14 years 3 months ago #310950 by Double8
Replied by Double8 on topic shedding a tear....
We've had that kind of year too, my father in-law has a brain tumour, incontinence, an embolism, prostrate problem, but is still with us at 85. But we are waiting for the call. My uncle also died this year suddenly from a heart attack and my aunty died last week also very suddenly, so wasn't a great Christmas for my Uncle or cousin. And a close friend her father died just before Christmas 2 years ago and she's not been well herself so its been a worry. 88

What am I? Fly paper for freaks?!

More
14 years 3 months ago #310957 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic shedding a tear....
Hugs to you Digby - I know how you feel. I am just grateful that I believe and have every reason to believe there is an afterlife. I have no fear of dying and look forward to "catching up" with people I have loved. The scary part is whether I have to catch up with the people I didn't love! Haven't worked that out yet!

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds