A great early Christmas present

More
12 years 6 months ago #21409 by kate
:D :D The wonderful folk at UberNetworks and their subcontractors have sorted us out with fast (3Mbitps) wireless broadband at our little camp [8D][8D]

I'm soooooo happy [8D][8D]

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #310768 by max2
Awesome. I remember the feeling of when I was back on line with broadband here. Sort of regained a limb type of feeling. :D :D

merry Christmas Kate!

More
12 years 6 months ago #310789 by GrantK
Brilliant news Kate. I was wondering what type of broadband you could connect to at your new place. From your earlier post, the mobile broadband wasn't working too well. Were you using Vodafone or Telecom XT?

Regardless, Ubernet is the way to go if you can get the signal. We know someone who is using their phone service as well and they are very pleased with it. No landline needed, and that would be a big saving for you guys; not only in monthly payments, but also the huge upfront installation cost, with your campsite being so far from the public road.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
12 years 6 months ago #310791 by DiDi
I am extremely happy for you and us but I really am concerned as to whether that tent will hold up and you won't be asphixiated (can't spell that!) when it collapses on top of you both. What use internet connection then? :D

More
12 years 6 months ago #310792 by kate
Ha! Catch up with my latest blog, DiDi and see our palatial accomodation now [}:)]

Swaggie, that is exactly how it feels :D

Grant, we were always planning to use either VoIP if we could (and now we can :D ) or just mobile phones.

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds