Lost wedding ring and mini skips

More
12 years 6 months ago #21099 by granny56r
Went through 2 mini skips full of stinky maggoty rubbish today looking for my (lost for 2 months) wedding ring and came up empty handed! till now when i found it tucked under my red recipe book holder in the kitchen. I'm so happy :) I can enjoy life again. Sad thing was that had to discover bags of headless chicks (boys) not nice! :(

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
DOUGLAS ADAMS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #307409 by DiDi
Sooo glad you found your rings! How life has changed! Years ago my wee girl's "lost" my engagement ring (while I was in the shower) and told me they had gone out to the paddock and it flew off into the grass. After an impassioned plea, the COUNCIL sent out a guy with a metal detector who set up a grid and combed the entire large paddock with no result. No charge. I was so upset - but at least it did not involve garbage trolling!

The next day, I lifted a carpet in my daughters' bedroom while vaccuming and there was the ring. Can only assume that is why my girls' always had lead roles in Youth Theatre when they were older! Never figured out which one "lead the defense" but have my suspicions. Must ask them again now they are older. Who can you ask? Laugh

More
12 years 6 months ago #307423 by kaponga
I lost both my rings at various times.
Lost my engagement ring. Found it in the base of my pack many months later. Still can't work out how it got there.

This one is more funny. Don't normally let calves suck fingers; did this day. And suddenly realised that I was ringless. Sods sucked it off.
Metal detected was used to go through the bedding after it was strewn in a fallow paddock.

Do not have a good track record with rings [B)]

More
12 years 6 months ago #307430 by spoook
So pleased you found your ring, shame you had to search in the garbage.

I have 3 valuable ear rings and a pendant my mother bought for me out in the garden and paddocks somewhere. One a diamond, one a sapphire and the other some black gem thing, their partners are now lapel ornaments. The pendant was really sad, last thing she got me. I managed to replace it but....... not quite the same.

I nearly lost a ring after trying on heaps of gloves in a safety shop, I mean heaps. Did not realise until later in the day, it was gone.[:0] Rushed back to the shop just incase.......... phew....... found it. That will teach me to wear a ring on my little finger.... or will it [;)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
12 years 6 months ago #307516 by Jan
On my 21st birthday my Nan gave me her mums engagement ring. I was so chuffed and yes it will be passed to my daughter when shes 21.

But anyway, not long after, I was up at the stables pottering with my horse when i realised it was gone. Dont know why i wore it that day as i usually take it off before i go up there.

I searched every where for hours but wasn't going to give up. I then saw the haynet i had just filled, so out it all came and there was my ring!!! Talk about finding a needle in a haystack....I found a ring in some hay!! :D

Jan

More
12 years 6 months ago #307530 by cowmad
My one and only piece of jewellery my partner has ever given me was a ring that belonged to his grandmother. Now he had a fight getting it back off his ex wife but did so and gave it to me.... ( we wont go there:() anyway was wearing it thinking I was soo cool and realised I had lost it whilst schooling a horse in a paddock. Have never seen it again, just hope that it doesnt just turn up one day as these things sometimes do or if it does ,i am the one that finds it. He has never asked me why i dont wear it and hope he never does as I couldnt lie about it, just hope the subject never arises. Mind you thats about 10 years ago now so chances are good. Am so hopeless with any jewellery now hardly ever wear any as cant be bothered.

More
12 years 6 months ago #307549 by NZ Appaloosas
Y'all wanna come look for my ring? It's been months (a year?) and it is still missing? Only need to search a 5 or 10 acre radius.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
12 years 6 months ago #307574 by digby
Lost a rose gold bangle that was given to me. Hubby found it down the paddock in a gate way. Mis-shapen but wearable. It is loved all the more for its 2 year stay in the paddock.

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
12 years 6 months ago #307584 by DiDi
Actually that reminds me that I had a watch unearth itself from the cattle yards and I honestly could not remember how many years ago I lost it - and the damn thing was still ticking! Rain, mud, cows etc had not killed it. Amazing.

More
12 years 6 months ago #307594 by Jen - Featherston
The most amazing lost and found I have ever heard was from one of the girls I worked with. She had an amazing engagement ring, hand crafted with a huge square cut emerald but always a little too big and never got around to fitting it down. At the beach, swimming in the ocean she felt it slip off her finger... 5 hours later and her hubby found it under the waves - sooo sooo lucky

Sometimes its not only what you say, its the way you say it that counts.

More
12 years 6 months ago #307676 by LittleLSB
I lost my wedding ring a couple of years into our marriage. Somewhere in our old house - looked and looked but never found it. Went for years just wearing my engagement ring and it was amazing how many times I got asked "when's the wedding?".

Hubby bought me a new ring for our 10th anniversary - diamonds in the new one so an upgrade on the other one There are 8 diamonds in the ring plus he also gave me a pair of diamond earrings so one diamond for each year [8D]

I also had my engagement ring remade a few years back after I realised that my lifestyle was becoming incompatible with my ring - it was a claw setting and I kept catching it on things breaking the claws off. Got it changed to a rub-over setting and its great.

More
12 years 6 months ago #307691 by granny56r
Wow some amazing stories abound about lost n found eh! I did loose my fantastic engagement ring at a dire straights concert in chch in the 80's ('money for nothing' era)....hot night and all that so took it off my finger as it was irritating and never saw it again! Husband disappointed in me for that....he was babysitting sisters kids at motel!yikes. Poor love, he sold several treasured items to pay for it. I'm still sad about that....but sooo happy I found the wedding ring.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
DOUGLAS ADAMS

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds