My new addition, I'm so proud!

More
12 years 7 months ago #21008 by judes
I got a very big surprise tonight, after work, when I got told I should go check my mini horses, because, there was a foal there!![:0] My mare was not due till 04/01/10!! But.... she has had a beautiful 20" buckskin (maybe silver) filly!! After 7 colts I finally get a filly :D :D
May I introduce Jubridge Essah Phantom Spirit.

Jude
Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #306814 by oskatd
Cute! nice one, well done!

More
12 years 7 months ago #306824 by Kiwi303
4th jan? here in Nov? did the stallion jump the fence a month early? It doesn't look premmie or unformed...

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
12 years 7 months ago #306825 by NZ Appaloosas
I'm with K303...I'm not sure if the gestation time for minis is the same or less than full-sized horses, but I can't see that foal being over 6 weeks premature. I think someone got the service dates and/or the gestation table wrong.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
12 years 7 months ago #306827 by NZ Appaloosas
Cute foal, btw and congrats!

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
12 years 7 months ago #306831 by judes
The dates can't be wrong as she foaled on the 11/01/09 and went to the stallion 12 days later at my place. Gestation of of 343 days gives us a due date of 01/01/10 and thats with taking the pregnancy from the day she went to the stallion.
Don't worry I have been in shock since finding the foal. I definitely wasn't expecting it. She is 5 weeks early.

Jude
Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.

More
12 years 7 months ago #306832 by terralee
:D :D :D :D Awww she's so pretty [^][^][^][^] and what a poppet for not keeping you waiting :p My old girl use to go 358 -360 days and I was always ready for the foal a month or more before due date:rolleyes:

CONGRATULATIONS on the new arrival and a filly to boot ...what a bonus[^] :D [;)]
Cheers
P.s: I just did a few sums and she is *possibly* 2 weeks early which is nothing... *IF* her particular gestation was 320 days.

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
12 years 7 months ago #306841 by wino
Replied by wino on topic My new addition, I'm so proud!
Lovely foal. Congrats.

Some minis can definitely foal perfectly healthy foals way earlier than a full size foal could survive. Apparently it is common in some lines.

It intrigues me that minis can manage such a variation (from under 300 days to one of mine going 360 days and a little mare I have here now going at least 13 months from contact with a stallion before she popped out a foal - I suspect that given the condition she was in when I got her that lack of food was an issue)

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
12 years 7 months ago #306844 by sod
Replied by sod on topic My new addition, I'm so proud!
what a great suprise to come too and she is so very cute :)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 7 months ago #306868 by cowvet
Dare I say it but apart from looking cute what else do they do ;-)

I love animals...they're delicious

More
12 years 7 months ago #306876 by Birman Babe
Very cutie, cute

More
12 years 7 months ago #306880 by charlotte1
The foaling date I would have had on her would have been 26/12. When I was breeding minis I would add 3 days then skip back a month. So 23rd Jan service becomes 23 + 3 = 26 then skip back a month to Dec.

This method was taught to me by a well respected mini breeder of many moons ago, it proved pretty accurate for mine anyway.

She is a cutie!! I too had a mini foal 5 weeks early, mare was hand served and only for 1 cycle. She was very slow to get to her feet and drink and was a bit sleepy for the first few days but after that she was great. The mare was showing plenty of signs she was ready too!! So she had the alarm on.

More
12 years 7 months ago #306883 by charlotte1
Cowvet. I have minis here. They are lovely pets. My 5 year old rides one of them. Over the years most of mine were in harness and easily pulled 2 adults on a flat smooth surface.

They make nice paddock ornaments!!!

More
12 years 7 months ago #306894 by Ghilly
What a little honey! Very cute! I want one ha ha ha.!

Yakut

More
12 years 7 months ago #306917 by tonic

cowvet;290974 wrote: Dare I say it but apart from looking cute what else do they do ;-)

the same as any pet dog, or cow, or sheep or any other show horse... :D

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds