Anti virus protection

More
12 years 7 months ago #20998 by charlotte1
Is there anything decent that can be downloaded for free?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #306666 by NZ Appaloosas
Replied by NZ Appaloosas on topic Anti virus protection
I've used www.avira.com for probably over a decade now, without a problem. There is a premium package available, but I just use the free one.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
12 years 7 months ago #306674 by Pumpkingirl
Replied by Pumpkingirl on topic Anti virus protection
I used to use free virus protection, but got viruses despite trying to be as low-risk as possible in my use of the internet (no downloading of music, movies, programmes etc, no opening of any unsolicited emails). It finally became so frustrating, so limiting and so annoying, I was forced to try one that I had to pay for, and I haven't regretted it either.

I went shares with friends in a year-long subscription to Nod32, a highly recommended virus protection programme with excellent daily updates. We bought a 3-computer package, paying $40-something each.

www.nod32.co.nz - for software details
www.chillisoft.co.nz/purchase/index.cfm - to buy

More
12 years 7 months ago #306675 by ame
Replied by ame on topic Anti virus protection
Avast! is also well recommended. Of course, I don't need antivirus.

A

More
12 years 7 months ago #306681 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Anti virus protection
I use Avast! and have not problems, works as my screen saver to scan.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
12 years 7 months ago #306689 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic Anti virus protection
Yes I agree Spook Avast is good also dowload and use AD-Aware and CCleaner (all are Freeware) I have no problems. I run Ad-Aware and CCleaner about once every 3 weeks or so.

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
12 years 7 months ago #306718 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Anti virus protection

Pumpkingirl;290760 wrote: I used to use free virus protection, but got viruses despite trying to be as low-risk as possible in my use of the internet (no downloading of music, movies, programmes etc, no opening of any unsolicited emails). It finally became so frustrating, so limiting and so annoying, I was forced to try one that I had to pay for, and I haven't regretted it either.

I went shares with friends in a year-long subscription to Nod32, a highly recommended virus protection programme with excellent daily updates. We bought a 3-computer package, paying $40-something each.

www.nod32.co.nz - for software details
www.chillisoft.co.nz/purchase/index.cfm - to buy

Excellent advice. Add free versions of www.spybot.com and www.lavasoft.com/ (for AdAware) and you can consider yourself covered :cool:

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds