Christmas stockup: Roses Chocs at Warehouse

More
12 years 7 months ago #20811 by reggit
Just been in stocking up on a whole lot of 'thank you' presents for Xmas for workmates, colleagues, clients etc - and have come across Cadbury Roses Chocolates 450g boxes in The Warehouse for $8 a box - they are normally around $16 at supermarkets now!

Needless to say, have stashed quite a few boxes away for Xmas for family as well, at that price! As long as the cellophane wrappers are intact, they are safe in our house [}:)] as long as they don't stay there too long.

A great little find that will help keep the Chrissy budget down [;)] get in quick, not sure how long that offer will last...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #304739 by Isla
They may not be as safe as you think! I had visitors in one of my chocolates during the year - we got a box of that-place-sourced Roses as part of a Xmas function prize and I didn't eat them until a few months later and somebody else (a small somebody, whose body had a distinct pink tinge from the cherry flavour/colour of the chocolate) had eaten quite a lot of one of my favourites and crapped all over the top of it.

Cadbury maintained that all of their systems were tight and that the insect concerned is a regular troublemaker in wharehousing and storage of such foodstuffs. Unlikely that it got in here, since we hadn't had any insect problems in any of our stored other foods, so presumably at that big red place, through the "intact" cellophane.

Happy munching. [}:)]

More
12 years 7 months ago #304751 by reggit
mmmmmmmmfngnfnmmm - oops, sorry, mouth full there [:I] will take my chances at that price. Let's hope yours was a one-off incident!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• jdnz
12 years 7 months ago #304753 by jdnz
Oooohhh...I like being part of your family.
Only joking...but couldn't resist.

Cousin JD :D

P.S. I reckon you should stash at least a couple of those boxes away for you and hubby. We all deserve a treat for surviving the stressful event that Christmas can be.

tigger;288590 wrote:

Needless to say, have stashed quite a few boxes away for Xmas for family as well, at that price! As long as the cellophane wrappers are intact, they are safe in our house [}:)] as long as they don't stay there too long.

More
12 years 7 months ago #304755 by reggit

jdnz;288613 wrote: P.S. I reckon you should stash at least a couple of those boxes away for you and hubby. We all deserve a treat for surviving the stressful event that Christmas can be.

Yes, well, we could well end up gatecrashing your family's Christmas dinner at this stage [}:)] so will bring supplies if we do :p

More
12 years 7 months ago #304763 by jeannielea
I saw a Cadbury ad on TV last week saying that they have done as people asked and are now not making chocs with palm oil AND the new 'old' recipe ones will be on sale for Christmas. So maybe the red shed are getting rid of the palm oil ones?

More
12 years 7 months ago #304814 by Simkin
It's only the 'Dairy Milk' variety that has changed. The other varieties have had palm oil for ages as they've been manufactured in Australia for ages.

More
12 years 7 months ago #304826 by reggit
21% cocoa mass?

More
12 years 7 months ago #304828 by Birman Babe
Hey I got a 450gr box for my birthday recently & they tasted pretty good to me :-) palm oil or not ...lol

• jdnz
12 years 7 months ago #304861 by jdnz

tigger;288615 wrote: Yes, well, we could well end up gatecrashing your family's Christmas dinner at this stage [}:)] so will bring supplies if we do :p

Please do...otherwise it could be a very long day and I'll go completely mad. I may be there on my own yet as we don't have anyone to house/animal sit. So D may need to stay home with the livestock.

More
12 years 7 months ago #304870 by reggit

jdnz;288751 wrote: So D may need to stay home with the livestock.

How did D manage to get the easy/more pleasant option??? [}:)]:rolleyes:

• jdnz
12 years 7 months ago #304908 by jdnz

tigger;288761 wrote: How did D manage to get the easy/more pleasant option??? [}:)]:rolleyes:

In Laws have special privileges - didn't you know that? I'm hoping that she'll come but we need to find someone to feed the cats, pigs and chooks first. She'd like to see our special Granny but wouldn't mind missing out on her in laws.

More
12 years 7 months ago #304976 by sod
Thanks Tigger just managed to con the boss to let us eat one of the boxes she got to-day after I told her about them :D they taste gooooood to me he he

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 7 months ago #305011 by Dream Weaver
Its gotta make you wonder how old they are to be selling them off that cheap!! Id be abit on the side of caution if it were me.

More
12 years 7 months ago #305026 by reggit
Their 'use by' date is end of 2010, so they can't be that old [;)]

Hey, stop (chocolate) hailing on my parade! [:0] Never look a gift chocolate in the mouth [}:)]

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds