Martinborough help needed...

More
12 years 7 months ago #20782 by kate
Geoff & I have tickets for an event being held at Alana Estate Winery Saturday 13th December. [8D][8D] We are flying into Wellington on the Saturday morning and flying out on the Sunday morning. There is no available accomodation in Martinborough for the Saturday night. [B)][B)]

So - we can find accomodation in Wellington but how do we get to and from the winery? Train? Bus? (plus taxi no doubt[}:)]) And, more importantly, how do we get back to Wellington after the event?

It's not easy to understand how it all works so any advice will be very gratefully received :D :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #304471 by flyingfeathers
Have you looked for accommodation in Greytown? Also Masterton maybe a goer sometimes the motels run a courtesy bus to the events.

Usually there's extra trains and buses laid on for the events, maybe worth contacting the venue to find out ?

7 acres in the wonderful South Wairarapa

More
12 years 7 months ago #304472 by sandramiro
Sounds really complicated to me Kate [:0][;)] You could ask some of the bus companies if they are putting on a bus service from Wellington to the concert other than that i'm not much help but Martinborough is a bit out of the way. You could check the train timetable for stops/pick ups for Featherston and i have no idea what sort of taxi service they would have [:0] You could try accommodation in Featherston or Greytown or take a tent with you :p :)
Maybe if you try the winery direct they may be able to help with some suggestions :confused:

Good luck
Sandra

More
12 years 7 months ago #304475 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Martinborough help needed...
We are going to Kate. You are welcome to come and stay here, and travel to the event with us. We have a converted cheese store that you can stay in. My friends call it the Honeymoon suite LOL - but it ain't that flash, just roomy.[;)]

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
12 years 7 months ago #304477 by Xartep
Or your could check these out.

There is also a nice motel in Greytown, which is only 20mins away.

TRANSPORT ONLY: Tranzit Buses, ph 06 377 1227, www.tranzit.co.nz or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

ACCOMMODATION: If you require accommodation please log on to the Wairarapa isite. www.wairarapanz.com

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
12 years 7 months ago #304494 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Martinborough help needed...
Thanks everyone :D :D

Xartep, you are a lifesaver :D We had been told there were no buses available from Wellington but your tranzit link proved otherwise so we're staying in Wellington so we can get to and from the airport easily :D :D Thanks for the offer of the honeymoon suite [:I] but our very tight schedule means staying in Wellington would be best.

We'll have to meet up at the event though...which section are you in?

No hotels or motels available in Greytown or anywhere nearby except one place where you have to book for two nights. Which would be okay if we had more time but we don't...

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
12 years 7 months ago #304498 by Xartep
We are in the GA section. Our friends that we are going with really pushed the boundaries to get together the money for their tickets, so cheap seats it is if us. It is a great venue though and everyone should have a good view.

More
12 years 7 months ago #304501 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Martinborough help needed...
I've pm'ed you :D

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds