calling out for a handy man, (or woman)

More
12 years 7 months ago #20740 by Hestia
I need someone that can wallpaper, paint, sand floors. Try to budget spruce up house so I can sell it.
It is a come and work a day or two now and then or do a weeks full on work.
Hourly pay. Bed and board can be included if long travel or some added gas money.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303946 by ravenseyes
Depending on where you are what about Student Job Search - they are desparate for jobs and some of the students are very compentent

Brave Words. I've heard them before from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created, but now, they are all Borg.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303968 by Hestia
Thanks,,
but I am a bit worried when I don't know how to sort this house myself,,like which wall paper can be painted on and which can't and so on, but I send out my question for help all directions.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303989 by kaybe
What town are you in Hestia?

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
12 years 7 months ago #304014 by Hestia
kaybe,,very close to you, in about 20 min north.

More
12 years 7 months ago #304035 by DiDi
Hestia - spending money on your property is not necessarily going to make your property more saleable. I have my place on the market word of mouth and the 3 women who have been (can't sell their own places as yet) have all expressed the desire to do their own thing and want the opportunity to buy a place that they can place their own stamp on. I did when I bought it 21 years ago. The most positive thing I hear is how warm, cruisy and welcoming my house feels, but it is ready for a makeover. People feel vibes and want to look at something that they feel comfortable with. It isn't about paint, colour or flash floors for most - it is about how it feels.

If you are available, you are best to get 3 or 4 real estate companies in to do an appraisal (don't sign anything!) on the property and ask them what they think it is worth and what they would suggest to optimise the reasale value. Yes - some will say nothing and want to knock you down thousand's for an easy sale and those you don't deal with! However, I know, having looked at 31 properties before I bought this one how easy it is to knock a sale into the too hard basket if they don't like what you have done.

Every person who walks through your door is going to be doing mental arithmetic on what it will cost them to get it to what they want for themselves so you really need to take that into account and maybe drop your price to get a sale rather then spend and not get a sale at a higher price, if you have made the decision that you want to move on. Take the time to also find out (Real Estate agents have the figures) what is selling in your area as the fact that you are not attracting a buyer may be completely out of your hands if there just aren't any buyers in your area.

More
12 years 7 months ago #304046 by kaybe
Hestia, Didi has a good point, but it is also nice to have the place looking spruce without spending a bomb..

What about a LSB working bee? I'd be happy to spend a Saturday or Sunday gasbagging and working with a bunch of you guys and gals from the Hamilton area...

More
12 years 7 months ago #304069 by Hestia
everyone that goes thru the door say they love the place but too much work inside the house,,real estate people say same thing.

More
12 years 7 months ago #304075 by Hestia
I would very much like to se you guys and have a coffee,walk thru my house and garden and give me hints and ideas!!! coffe and talk! :)
,but I want to find someone that I can pay for doing some work,,me feel guilty if I get help,,:)

More
12 years 7 months ago #304101 by Kiwi303

Hestia;287848 wrote: me feel guilty if I get help,,:)

so pick up a crate of wine and defrost some bits of the various sheep in your freezer :D drinkies and a BBQ should be more than sufficient payment for a LSB working bee :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
12 years 7 months ago #304182 by Hestia
wine,check,got some sitting.
sheep, check, have some sitting in freezer.
I can't cook on a bbq!
If you wanna come and just have a social day,,you guys decide a day and one of you come and start the bbq!
Social talk and helpful hints and maybe help me carry some stuff out of the house,,,

More
12 years 7 months ago #304191 by kaybe
I could do 21st or 22nd (in fact most weekends although Sunday is usually better). I still have a bunch of painting stuff and wallpaper stripper from my last house, plus ladders etc.

Anyone else able to help? Build up some LSB karma :D .

More
12 years 7 months ago #304194 by kate
Count us in... :D :D

Web Goddess

More
12 years 7 months ago #304202 by Birman Babe
I cant do 21/22nd November ~ will be in Auckland

More
12 years 7 months ago #304214 by AdoubleJ
Sorry - can't help - the only week-end between now and Christmas that we have dog shows...........

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds