Another bank moan, or question

More
12 years 7 months ago #20734 by hilldweller
Does your bank send you texts? I didn't think mine did, but I got an odd 'please call the National Bank message' with a number I didn't recognise a few days ago and no name. Actually I got it twice, within the space of a few seconds, and decided it was probably spam and I was too busy to investigate further. Last night I realised my o/d had gone over its limit earlier in the week since I'd forgotten to allow for interest charges[:I] and wondered if the text really had been from the bank.

Is that how they communicate these days? How bloody rude!!![:(!] Why didn't my account manager person (or any other real person, for that matter) simply phone, or even text personally? I would have returned their call, as I have on every single occasion someone from that bank has left a message for any reason over the past several years, transferred some funds and all would have been well. As it is I'm inclined to do nothing just to see what happens next.

Unless of course it was spam....????? What do you think?

hilldweller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303882 by beedee
Hard to tell, so much is automated these days and probably came from Argentina rather than that local bank manager thing..

More
12 years 7 months ago #303891 by GrantK

hilldweller;287633 wrote: Does your bank send you texts? I didn't think mine did, but I got an odd 'please call the National Bank message' with a number I didn't recognise a few days ago and no name....
Unless of course it was spam....????? What do you think?

Just a thought here hilldweller:

- Have you set up TXT alerts by any chance?

Kiwibank offers them and so does ASB I think, so maybe that is what is going on. Can indeed be quite handy in such situations as the OD going above its limit.

Personally, I prefer e-mail alerts to TXT alerts.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303892 by ronnie
I think that is why they all now ask for a cell phone number. It would be far cheaper for them to send you an automated text message, than having an actual person pick up the phone.
That is one of the reasons we do not give out our cell phone number to these places. (apart from the fact we do not carry/monitor it on a regular basis)

More
12 years 7 months ago #303904 by Ziggy
I have text alert with asb and find it really really handy, I find a text alot less intusive than a phone call as a reminder of the basic stuff.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303907 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Another bank moan, or question
Even our dentist does it day before and we think its a great idea, library sends e-mail

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 7 months ago #303952 by hilldweller
So you're saying I'm behind the times LOL? Entirely true, but I've never said they could text me and I don't want them starting now with vague 'please call the bank' messages.

A reminder from a dentist etc I would find helpful. No probs with that at all and it would be obvious it wasn't spam.

hilldweller

More
12 years 7 months ago #303953 by Robinsons Folly?
i always get a reminder form the hospital the day before my outpatients appointment, which is handy too. I've never forgotten the appointment, but its nice to know they have remembered. Even it is automated.

Three Piggies, Four Chooky Babes, Randy the Roo, Hubby and Me. [:D]

More
12 years 7 months ago #304042 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Another bank moan, or question
I get a reminder a few days out from my Hairdresser, Dentist, Power Company, Phone Company etc via email or txt and I love it. There are companies out there that choose to do this via a message service that they pay for.

Needless to say I am incredibly organised in my daily life (NOT!) and appreciate it. If I had a Bank that did that when I was pushing the boundaries of my "arrangement" with them, I would not have a problem with that. On receipt of such a text, you can always ring their 0800 number and ask who your personal banker is and get through to them for added security.

More
12 years 7 months ago #304050 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Another bank moan, or question
Nobody has ever sent me a reminder by text, so my hairdresser, dentist, bank etc must be behind the times...or I've never asked to be sent text messages :D

Web Goddess

More
12 years 7 months ago #304323 by eelcat
Westpac sends out txt alerts too but only if you ask them to. I asked them to on-line.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds