Brag-I put this in the photo forum b4 I saw this 1

More
15 years 3 months ago #207 by Louise W
The other night I had a phone call from the Ed of the NZ Horse & Pony Magazine. They have been running a foal photo competition over the last couple of months and I entered a few pics into it. Guess what??! I WON!! I actually ended up with three photos in the top ten so I am absolutely stoked!!! I'm not entirely sure which photo actually won it as I sent through two that are similar and all I know is that it was one of those two. It was judged by three people (including a professional photographer) and the photos were unnamed so no-one knew they were all my pics until after the decision had been made. Just so cool!

Once I have my Teacher's College Diploma under my belt, I am thinking I might just look into this photography lark a little more in depth Next thing on my list is to have a go at taking photos of the countryside so, watch this space.

Gee I am thrilled!!!! :D

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
15 years 3 months ago #41717 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Brag-I put this in the photo forum b4 I saw this 1
Well I just knew you'd be famous one day!! Told ya you took lovely pics!

Well done!

More
15 years 3 months ago #41718 by Gracelands
Well done! I remember thinking how lovely the photos were that you posted the other day.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
15 years 3 months ago #41719 by kate
Well done!! Do you know which foal? Is it the lovely Megan, Miss August? She is a lovely foal :D

Web Goddess

More
15 years 3 months ago #41720 by Louise W
Actually Kate it is not. I believe all three winning photos are of the Fiendish and fabulously photographic (and for sale) Finn :D

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 3 months ago #41721 by Louise W
PS I am practising my alliteration for the poetry unit that I will be starting to teach in a week or so ;)

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 3 months ago #41722 by Jen - Featherston
Well done Lou - ps must catch up send me an e - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll come up and bring lunch :D

Sometimes its not only what you say, its the way you say it that counts.

More
15 years 3 months ago #41723 by kate

quote:Originally posted by Louise W

PS I am practising my alliteration for the poetry unit that I will be starting to teach in a week or so ;)

Well you've obviously got that one covered ;)

Web Goddess

More
15 years 3 months ago #41724 by Birman Babe
Congrats Lou; you do shoot fantastic photos. Might have a calling there huh?

More
15 years 3 months ago #41725 by witheze
[^][^][^] I knew you should/would win [^][^][^] What was the prize?

More
15 years 3 months ago #41726 by Louise W
Fankies!! $500 to spend with Equibreed next season (shame I don't have the other few thousand I would need, LOL!) and framed photo enlargements and H&P subs!

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 3 months ago #41876 by Louise W
Well I got the mag at last - Very exciting ;). Ended up with four piccies published. Here we go ...
The Winner!

Finalist placings

Highly Commended

I entered quite a few pics and it is interesting to see the ones that made it through. I do love the winning photo, well I love them all (or I would not have entered them), but I had sent others that I think are much better photos - but the judges (who are the experts - I am the amateur) know what they like and what makes a good photo and these are the ones that they chose :).

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 3 months ago #41880 by Valmai
Doesnt suprise me, LOL! Clear well focused - Awww Cute! subject matter - Well composed - Complimentary pretty background --- A Clear Winner!!!!

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
15 years 3 months ago #41960 by Double8
Yeah Lou! Did you send the one of Finn poking out his tongue too? :D:D:D

Hows the new kitty going? What did you finally call him. How is Omar?

[8][8]

What am I? Fly paper for freaks?!

More
15 years 3 months ago #41961 by Louise W
Gawd, I don't even know which poking tongue out photo you mean, LOL! I take far too many really - I don't think I did send one like that through though ...

The new [:I] impulse purchase is known as Hooper and now rules the roost. He and Omar have great play fights but sadly my lovely Kruger has got the hump and mizzled off somewhere in disgust. I am sure he will be back soon and when he does come back I will be making an extra special amount of fuss over him. Hooper has a very large purrrsonality squeezed into his tiny frame (PS don't spose you have a DOB???)

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds