Insurances.....

More
12 years 8 months ago #20698 by ronnie
Insurances..... was created by ronnie
A couple of months ago, I phoned up our insurance company to go over our policies and pricing as I felt they were getting far too expensive, especially with all the policies we hold with this company. Managed to get the prices dropped a wee bit on some of the policies, but they would not budge on the rest, saying we were already getting the maximum discount available.

Imagine my surprise this morning at getting a refund cheque from this company, stating we had been overcharged for quite some time on one of our policies. Seems we were not getting the full "multi policy discount" that we are entitled to [:0][:0] And they assure us they will check all our other policies to ensure we are not being overcharged there as well.

Hmmmm........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #303562 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Insurances.....
Any chance your insurances are coming up for renewal? That is the time when many people make the effort to get alternative quotes and change. However, saying that, I can't emphasis how important it is to read the documents as to what you are and in some way more importantly what you are not covered for.

More
12 years 8 months ago #303564 by Castle Peak
Replied by Castle Peak on topic Insurances.....

DiDi;287277 wrote: Any chance your insurances are coming up for renewal? That is the time when many people make the effort to get alternative quotes and change. However, saying that, I can't emphasis how important it is to read the documents as to what you are and in some way more importantly what you are not covered for.

I'll second DiDi. A bit of legwork, calling round or surfing can sometimes save a lot of $$, particularly as your current one seems to have been a bit tardy with the record keeping.

More
12 years 8 months ago #303565 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Insurances.....
Yes, one of the policies was up for renewal - hence my ringing them in the first place. They did manage to shave a few dollars off that policy, especially when I mentioned ringing around and looking at shifting them all.
My concern is now why they didn't automatically give me this multi policy discount at the time of renewal, and especially when I phoned them.

More
12 years 8 months ago #303567 by Castle Peak
Replied by Castle Peak on topic Insurances.....

ronnie;287280 wrote:
My concern is now why they didn't automatically give me this multi policy discount at the time of renewal, and especially when I phoned them.

....and what else they could have missed in the meantime?

More
12 years 8 months ago #303576 by Robinsons Folly?
Replied by Robinsons Folly? on topic Insurances.....
What are ride-on mowers classed as? Under contents insurance or something else?

Three Piggies, Four Chooky Babes, Randy the Roo, Hubby and Me. [:D]

More
12 years 8 months ago #303580 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic Insurances.....
Ride on's are classed as plant & machinery. We claim 50% fo Insurance on it, back for tax as we do some for the neighbours and charge them. I claim the same each year although this year it is more than 50% for bus.

As for insurances in general I use a Insurance Broker,
and they shop around for the same cover for us, we have had very little increase in the last couple of years, just check the cover is the same or what you want/require.

Any claims we have had have been delt with by them as well with no problems. We have 15ha. :)

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
12 years 8 months ago #303587 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Insurances.....
If you are not running a business then the ride on should come under your contents. May pay to check how it would be replaced if it were stolen i.e. replacement value or Present Day Value. With contents, sometimes the total amount they will pay on an individual item would not cover it - especially if near new. I always question any insurance company on those things and make sure that whoever I am talking too (and has gaily said "No problem") records it on my account so there can be no issue further down the line.

More
12 years 8 months ago #303588 by Robinsons Folly?
Replied by Robinsons Folly? on topic Insurances.....
We moved into our place back in Mar. I rang the insurance and they said, Oh I don't know I'll talk to someone and get back to you. I'm still waiting.... :)

It lives in the garage with the cars, and the house and garage is alarmed. I guess I should ring them back and ask! Though i shouldn't need to....

Three Piggies, Four Chooky Babes, Randy the Roo, Hubby and Me. [:D]

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds