Days you just don't want to see repeated...

More
12 years 7 months ago #20660 by reggit
My set of three has just been completed:

Booking for rental car stuffed up this morning at the airport, and instead of sorting it out, the lady at the counter argued the toss with me about whether I should be happy accepting the tiny car they offered (I WILL NOT drive Toyota Yaris cars, they are TINY!!)

...leading to...

my luggage being taken back into the bowels of the airport when I didn't claim it (because the car lady took so long) and me having to hunt it down

...leading to...

me getting flustered and (I think) leaving my wallet on the counter there

...leading to...

my wallet going missing and not being handed in ANYWHERE, so now assumed stolen (didn't realise it was missing until I had finishing my meeting at noon)

...leading to...

three hours of running around looking for wallet at the three places I had been, then convincing BNZ to give me a cash advance with no ID before cancelling my credit card (as I am three days away for work)

...leading to...

me being stressed on the drive here and crashing in my room shattered

...leading to...

embarassment as I shoot up off the bed half asleep as the door to my room bursts open as reception has given a chappie just checking in the same room key as me!!!! [:(!]

Thank goodness I wasn't in my jimjams or worse!!! [:0][:(!]

Do ya think I've had enough of Faulty Towers Tour and can get back to normality now...? :(

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303216 by AdoubleJ
Oh tigger!! Things can only get better surely?!? [:0]

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
12 years 7 months ago #303218 by reggit
They bloody better, A2J, got two days to go! [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
12 years 7 months ago #303219 by kate
One day you'll look back and laugh....or so they say :D :D

Web Goddess

More
12 years 7 months ago #303220 by reggit
Tell you what, it was pure visceral fear when I realised I had really lost it. Very scary feeling having no cash and no cards and no ID when away from home - can only imagine how terrifying it would be if you were overseas and had language barriers as well.

I had no way of proving who I was - lucky I had the rental car already so I had some transport...:(

And luckily I'd set aside this arvo for my own work so no meetings and had time to try and sort something out.

Now I've started to note down all the membership cards and vouchers etc that were in it...and all of which have to be replaced...

Ah well, stuff happens. Tomorrow is another day :D and at least I have somewhere to stay - as long as I don't have to share [}:)]

More
12 years 7 months ago #303225 by hilldweller
Give me a call if you get stuck for anything during the day tomorrow.

hilldweller

More
12 years 7 months ago #303226 by max2
I found when you are away from home, however ''normal'' the situation may be, you lose a lot of coping skills that you would normally have and things just go ascue from there.
I recall once SOH forgot to take his wallet or a pen or such out from his pocket which sent the xray scans at customs leaving NZ into overdrive and SOH became a tourism tosser, arguing left, right and centre.

I thought for a short time we were not going to make it onto the plane, but fortunately sanity prevailed and the customs guys left him to me![}:)][}:)]

anyhow he regained himself sometime later, and in hindsight he couldn't understand what sent him into overdrive....

I think we just reach a level when enough is enough. Have a good sleep Tigger and I reckon you will feel much better in the morning after a good sleep, shower and breakfast. don't forget fluids too, dehydration plays a big part.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303227 by cowvet
where are you?

I love animals...they're delicious

More
12 years 7 months ago #303228 by The Kats Place
bugga! you need a minder you do!

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 7 months ago #303232 by reggit
Thanks HD - my accommodation and breakfasts are covered, as is my travel, I'll return the rental car without refilling it so no cash up front for that, and I'll have enough for taxis and food for the next two days. Especially as I'll get my lovely colleagues tomorrow (whom I have shouted enough times in the past!) to pay for lunch for me :D . Oh, can do that Weds too - payback time for being so nice to people on past trips LOL!

Bummed that my airport parking ticket is gone, which means a $90 fee when I get back Weds though! Can argue the toss about it later, but the security guards on duty 8pm won't be interested - even if I do have the police report of it being lost/stolen.

Also bummed that I lost my $100 gardening gift card that I was given as a 'retirement' present from my institute when I stepped down as Prez and hadn't spent yet...had that earmarked for some nice plants...:(

Am in Blenheim now, cowvet.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303233 by reggit
TKP I hate to tell you this, but one of the things that was in it was your coffee card from the other day that I forgot to give back - lucky you used your free coffee up when I took the card up to be stamped, huh! [}:)]

More
12 years 7 months ago #303281 by Sue
What an awful experience!
One of them on their own is bad enough but your day was just horrific. Yes that awful sinking feeling when you find your wallet is missing-your whole identity is missing.
Fingers crossed today is just ordinary.

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303286 by The Kats Place
LOL - I'm sure I'll survive, I have to many coffees anyway. I hope you have a better run today.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 7 months ago #303367 by Jen - Featherston
Tigger hugs!

Imagine being in NYC, having cocktails going off for dinner only to find you had left your hand bag behind at the bar! :o

Passport, US$1000 cash, credit cards, hotel room key BUT more importantly breast pump - yep I was expressing :o

got back there to find they had closed :( :o spend one very uncomfortable stressful night and went back the next day - the wonderful bar tender had popped it behind the counter for me - everything intact and safe so gave him US$100 believe me I was soooo grateful!

Sometimes its not only what you say, its the way you say it that counts.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303447 by The Kats Place
hope you have had a better day today Tigger

kats

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds