Broadband service providers in Franklin

More
12 years 7 months ago #20643 by blimeyvicki
Hi there Franklinites, we will be moving to our new house in Franklin on the 20th of November and I am trying to find out who the best broadband provider would be in our area (Hunua/Paparimu). Does anyone want to share their recommendations for this requirement? We are currently on a 10gig plan with Woosh and that seems to mostly cover us. Any indication of cost would be appreciated too. Thanks a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #302998 by max2
Hi, I made a few posts in rural voice here about Wireless Nation. In my experience they were useless in trying to get us connected, despite all the promises, and they then refused to refund my money in total.

we are back on Xtra with telecom and its great, despite warnings from our neighbours not to touch it. having said that, when we arrived here new cabling was going in and we didn't have a problem in getting a telephone or the broadband connected, as we were told we would.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303033 by wyseyes

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
12 years 7 months ago #303039 by kaybe
We use Skynet down here, not sure how far their network spreads, but they are great...

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
12 years 7 months ago #303042 by DiDi
I am on the Bombay exchange and am happy with the speed I am getting 4.1Mbps but I have just read some papers looking for information for you and it may not be good news depending on where you are exactly. Ararimu (not far apart) does not get Broadband at all - even the school. It may pay to ring Telcom or Vodafone and find out what is happening in Paparimu and which exchange you would be connected to and whether there had been any upgrade of the cables.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds