Anyone know what scrap steel is worth??

More
12 years 9 months ago #303352 by skyline_glenn
looks interesting. Took some old roofing and ridges in to the scrappy today and got $220 ton. Thats for light guage, heavy guage should be a bit more.

Glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #303358 by cantyguy
Reminds me of my childhood. My father used to operate one of those while I stood behind him next to the huge drums of wire rope needed to operate it. :-)

More
12 years 9 months ago #303403 by ronnie
Yes, it does seem a shame to scrap it. But with so many important bits missing from it......
Yes, the original, enamel number plate was one of the items stolen from it. They also took 4 links out of the track and the grapple at the end of the wire. The bucket is also missing.
That would be our other issue with advertising it again - that the guys who came for a look and said they were restoring one just like it, will come back again. We are fairly certain, but can't prove it, who is responsible for the theft, so there you go. Don't want any more strangers walking around our land and helping them selves to stuff. Mind you, it did happen when our so-called so-vigilant house sitter from hell was in residence. I guess she was just too busy ringing the authorities on whatever small matter she could find, to be bothered watching the folk who vandalised and burgled the crane.........

More
12 years 9 months ago #303459 by sod
We just got a price on our old scrap is worth and heavy guage here is $240 a tonne picked up

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds