Fly Repellant/Killer - Household

More
16 years 5 months ago #2063 by Toast
What's the best in fly repellant and/or killer for the house?

Opinions please? Plus info on chemical content etc.

I'm just about to buy liver to set up my outside Gordy's fly-traps which do help. However, it's my first summer in this house & the effects of Gordy's traps don't really show in the first year.

Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #67760 by wino
We found our Gordy's fly trap worked within a week of setting it up - the neighbours noticed too that there was a reduction in flies.

Mint round the doors and windows can help.

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
16 years 5 months ago #67762 by reggit
I heard the same about basil, wino :)

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 5 months ago #67774 by rob
we use Robocan, does a good job

Rob

Rob

More
16 years 5 months ago #67783 by Birman Babe
I have a kitten nursery which is a room detatched from the house, divided into 2. I get sooo many flies in there. What with the kittens poopy litter trays and their food (I pick up all wet food before 11am) I was going spare. I bought those things they are advertising which stick to your glass window panes and bingo, I dont seem to have any flies...and I have all the windows open. Anyone else tried them. They are supposed to last for 2 months.

More
16 years 5 months ago #67785 by Kalmara
Robo Can - work really well
Have used both the repellant and killer, they both appear to do the same job.

cheers

More
16 years 5 months ago #67786 by kate

quote:Originally posted by Birman Babe

I bought those things they are advertising which stick to your glass window panes and bingo, I dont seem to have any flies...and I have all the windows open.

BB for those of us who don't see advertising, what are these things?

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
16 years 5 months ago #67792 by The Kats Place
Robocan and some spraying with ripcord under eves, in animal shelters and chook houses. I also have a robocan in the cattery.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
16 years 5 months ago #67794 by Birman Babe
Dunno now, thrown the packaging out. You get 2 to a pack, you peel the back off & stick to clean window pane (high up away from stick fingers/paws). Then you peel the front sheet off and it leaves a sticky flower shaped thing stuck to your window. The flies dont stick to it, they apparently are attracted to the flowery(?) smell, eat it, then die. I havent seen any dead flies lying around (kittens probably munched them up)nor have I seen any flies around. Going out to feed in a minute so will check again today as I have only had them up for 24hrs. Normally there are 6 or more blow flies hovering around in there. Okay, not a fly in sight yet in my hubbys shed (right next door) there are heaps. Gonna buy another couple of these things when I go the supermarket this week :-)

More
16 years 5 months ago #67800 by Valmai
BB I saw the ad for them last night, and thought...Nah to easy!!! But now will have to try them out. TA

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
16 years 5 months ago #67820 by Toast
Thanks, BB.

Will try them.

Have had Robocan & didn't like the fly spray smell through the house (I'm home in the daytime a lot). Also, didn't think it was effective, however it's run out & there were heaps of flies & they stayed longer!

Will look out for the window strips. If you can't remember the name, can you remember which supermarket? Hope to get Gordy's traps set up soon & that will hopefully stop lots before they come inside.

Thanks for all the help.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
16 years 5 months ago #67821 by Birman Babe
I bought them at Pak n Save.

More
16 years 5 months ago #67834 by spoook
Was it a Vapona product???

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
16 years 5 months ago #67840 by beedee
HeeHee BB, so we are both suckersfor that ad.. mine are the raid ones spoook, the mortein folk also put one out.. Avalilable at any supermarket by the fly spray cans....;)
I didnt stick mine on until last night so it will be interesting.. my back door is the flight path for dem large blowflies and in they come about 10 am.. Ive thought of sticking one on the door window on the outside.. to kill before they enter.. but trialling the window that they then go and fly to in the corner of the pantry area.. I am supersensitive to most insect repellants [obviously an insect in a former life] so like the ability to be able to remove it if I find the effects too much[xx(]

• maggies mum
16 years 5 months ago #67841 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Fly Repellant/Killer - Household
Toast we had a man come out and spray the whole of the inside of the house, The flies a dropping like...........well flies!!

One application lasts 6 months, it kills everything. Saves messing about with cans etc.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds