HRV ventilation systems

More
12 years 8 months ago #20592 by ronnie
Thinking about putting one in this house and wanted to know the good and bad (if any) experiences of fellow members.

Although we are selling up here, I am assured they will transplant the system into our new place, if required.

All the advertising and brochures make it look good (which is what they are supposed to do) and there is nothing like first hand knowledge.

Is it as cheap to run as they claim? Certainly don't need anything that will put another huge cost onto the power bill.

Any other pitfalls??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #302513 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic HRV ventilation systems
Just found the discussion for July and it all looked good. Hmmmmm still pondering.

More
12 years 8 months ago #302541 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic HRV ventilation systems
Since you're selling up I would just wait until you get to the new place and are doing the requisite "making a house into your home" type renovations and alterations.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
12 years 8 months ago #302542 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic HRV ventilation systems
We had one put in a few months ago and are very happy with it. The south facing rooms are warmer and no condensation at all. We can hear the fans when they go but its not annoying and if you had a heat pump its about the same. Have not noticed any major with the electricity bill. Will be interested to see how it goes if we ever get hot weather and the temp in the roof is very high. But I'd say leave it till you move as you would still have to pay again for the work of putting it into the new place and how do they cover the holes where the vents are if they remove them or do you pay for new vent covers?

More
12 years 8 months ago #302544 by TKFARMER
Replied by TKFARMER on topic HRV ventilation systems
Hi, we have two in our place darn good to. I would wait until you have your new place before buying one,you would have to patch the holes in your place or buy new vents for the new house and if the new house had an hrv you would have to leave your one behind
tkf

Playing farmer on 3.5 acres. [:)][:)]

More
12 years 8 months ago #302545 by ronnie
Thanks for your replies. The good thing about the deal we have been offered is they will shift it to the new house for free [:0] :D :D
So that sort of covers both bases really. In case we take a while to sell, we will be comfortable here and if we do sell soon, we can take it with us as the new place would definately benefit from it.

More
12 years 8 months ago #302554 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic HRV ventilation systems
Since the HRVs are effectivly built into the house when installed, they become part of the house for sales, just like built in wardrobes or showers. You would have to specificly exclude them in the sales contract, and the buyers will probably want to keep them, why risk a grumpy buyer who may stick on that point and not buy when you can just as simply wait and install them in the next place.

Just tack up a cheap ceiling whirly thingy fan to move the air around where you are and leave connecting doors open for the time being.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
12 years 8 months ago #302641 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic HRV ventilation systems
Kiwi's advice is good and I wonder if their offer includes covering the holes it will leave in the current house. we found them good to deal with and happy to answer all questions though. We also found we could bargain hard on the price!

More
12 years 8 months ago #302708 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic HRV ventilation systems
M & D bought a house in Pukekawa that has an older one and they love it. You can hardly hear it and the company were more than happy to send a replacement instruction booklet for them.

I am looking forward to SOH installing the metro deluxe 3 room heat transfer kit we bought a couple of field days ago, BEFORE next winter.[}:)]

It shall be good to compare how each works, not that we have condensation as we have double glazing.[^] :)

More
12 years 8 months ago #302715 by ronnie
We have delayed the installation into this house, for now. If we don't sell shortly, we may just get it put in here before winter as this house definately needs it.

But there has been a bit of interest in the property shown over the last week, so we shall just wait and see.
Several folk had a good look over Labour weekend........

More
12 years 8 months ago #302723 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic HRV ventilation systems
fingers crossed Ronnie, all economic figures are looking good for a change.

More
11 years 10 months ago #341181 by Grant68
Replied by Grant68 on topic HRV ventilation systems
I've had an DVS and an HRV. HRV were far better. But I've got a SAyr now. Brillinat control system. Great for this large house.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds