Can anyone recommend a glazier in the north Waikato?

More
12 years 8 months ago #20496 by Furball
Can anyone recommend a reputable glazier who does good work in the South Auckland / North Waikato area? I'm looking to get some double glazing fitted, and I'd be interested in hearing of any good companies (or companies to avoid at all costs).

Yes, I've tried Finda, but no-one seems to want to review glaziers - wonder why...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #301593 by Pumpkingirl
I used Tuakau Glass, on the recommendation of my joiner Uncle who worked with him a lot.

My uncle tells me that guy then sold the business, but he's now working with the new owner, who apparently is also good value. My uncle is pretty fussy about who he works with, so I take that as a fairly good recommendation. I haven't met the new guy myself though.

Tuakau Glass
09 236 9041
027 292 2065

More
12 years 8 months ago #301647 by max2
We had new windows and doors installed in our village reno and this rebuild and they were built to measure by Oleg of Warm Windows (cascade international) at East Tamaki,.

the fellows travel everywhere for business, so don't be put off by the ET addy.

the locking system is second to none here in NZ and of european standard. It shocked the local trades as to how well they are made.[^][^][^]

More
12 years 8 months ago #301686 by Furball
Hey, Swaggie, I take it Warm Windows' actual work is really good, as their website is somewhat bemusing, (and amusing).

"Modern window is an advanced technological item"

Mind you, I'd rather they were good at fitting windows than writing websites, but I wonder how many customers they're getting from that...

More
12 years 8 months ago #301745 by max2
Furball, Oleg is russian and does his best with english, however you will end up speaking with Max or one of the others who understands better.

However Oleg's business is also based in Russia and if I recall correctly, his brother manages that one, but the principles and materials are the same as here.

but the product is excellent and we are really happy with them. Their after sales service is faultless and even with the village ones where we choose to install them ourselves, when one of the locks wouldn't behave Oleg had one of the boys out there within a day or two of the problem being reported. (and we don't live anywhere near them).

More
12 years 8 months ago #301747 by Furball
Well in that case I'm definitely going to get a quote off them. I would always trust a reference from someone who's actually had work done by the firm, rather than some flash well-written advertising full of puffery.

Thanks very much for the information, to both Swaggie and Pumpkingirl.

More
12 years 8 months ago #301765 by max2
'Still be pro active though Furball and a tough consumer, with this reno, I was a tad questionable over the quote so got an aluminium franklin glazier in to quote as well, and their original telephone price was well under (which is when I nearly walked away from Oleg).

However once the glazier visited the house, the quote shot up extensively, but it still brought Oleg's quote down when i told him of the other quote and amount.[^]

(do check out the woodgrain option, it looks good however I use the white frame material.)

More
12 years 8 months ago #301815 by Furball
Well, I've got 2 recommendations: Tuakau Glass and Warm Windows, so I reckon I'll get a quote from both and see what happens ;-) Glaziers - Fight!

More
12 years 8 months ago #301917 by max2
a 3rd quote wouldn't go astray.... try one from a larger centre (ie Hamilton or Pukekohe) but ensure its in writing. I was shocked how our other shot up even given the window sizes on the phone.
I think there was an expectation that as the owner knew SOH from school days he might get the quote and this wasn't established until they met on site.

However I could be dreaming too.:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds