Finally got our Auckland House on the market -- NOW SOLD !!!
So ... after cleaning all 16 rooms by myself, with just the occasional bit of help from my Mum and Dad, here is what it looks like:
As you can see, we are doing a Private Sale via HomeSell, and so far, I've been impressed with their service and professionalism. Within an hour of the listing going live on TradeMe, my phone rang and I've just shown the first lot of visitors through.
I will be doing Open Homes every Sat/Sun afternoon until it sells, so wish me luck! Inger reckons 2 weeks until we have it sold. It sure would be nice
We're trying to sell our lifestyle block, and decided to try Homesell as well, infact they are coming tomorrow to take the photos. So good to hear you've been impressed with them so far.
Good luck! Hope it sells fast and you get a good price!
Plus its his Birthday on Saturday. What a way to celebrate - having an open home. As long as he's got the oven clean, it shouldn't be a problem selling it. I really love that house. Its the nicest place we've ever owned and if you'd seen what it was like before we started renovating it many years ago, you wouldn't recognise it.
45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa
Herd of Registered Dexter cattle
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry and Sicilian Buttercup poultry
Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
Polled Wiltshire Sheep, both black and white
An old Heading Dog called Lad and a cat called Pusscat,
Grant ....make sure you have the coffee perking and the bread baking in the oven for the Open Homes:)
Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:
It's in Lynfield which is between Hillsborough and Blockhouse Bay.
witheze;284159 wrote: Where's the property, anywhere near Greenhithe and large? Can't get on link...at work.....!
The people who visited last night are coming again this afternoon, so it looks like they are pretty keen
I've been up to my elbows cleaning the oven, and still have quite some way to go yet, so not much chance to have bread baking.
terralee;284127 wrote: Grant ....make sure you have the coffee perking and the bread baking in the oven for the Open Homes
Yes, I've read the tip about fresh coffee as well, but to be honest, I'm not sure how it would go down with Indian folk, whom we are dealing with here :confused:
heres hoping you could cancel the open home on sat and go out and celebrate sale etc.. but my sister got burnt for a month or two with a keen buyer who was very very keen, just hadnt worked out how they would buy it!!! BUT if those who peer on the w/end know that you have a maybe, they might come in with a definite..
dont gas yourself with the oven cleaner products!!
Feel very bad for her, but that also sets our plans back quite considerably and we are now looking for a buyer again.
So things can change so quickly - one minute looking so good, the next so bad.
But good luck with the sale and lets hope it sells quickly for you.
- 500 postcards advertising the Open Homes which I have already delivered to surrounding streets in Lynfield -- ouch, sore feet [:0]
- 50 brochures to hand out to those who are interested
- A tall flag to put under the wheel of our ute by the kerbside
- A large road sign has been erected out on the front verge
- 6 small directional signs mounted on stakes with a large arrow to indicate the route to our house from Hillsborough Road
- Two Viewing Registers to keep track of those who visited, and their contact details
- A very useful "How to do it" guide which covers the whole process of Private Sales from Go to Whoa
- A sign saying "Welcome to our home; Please remove your footwear"
- A SOLD sticker to apply to the road sign once the property has been unconditionally sold
I really have to hand it to HomeSell -- they have anticipated everything I could possibly need at this point.
Now we just have to wait for the punters to roll up tomorrow afternoon [^]
Thanks BeeDee. It was a great day in many respects:
beedee;284331 wrote: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
- Birthday cards from Inger, Ben (our son who works for Sky TV), Daniel (our son who works for Microsoft in Canada) and my Mum & Dad.
- Mum & Dad came to help me with the Open Home and it was just as well because we have had 16 groups of people through now
- We have received two different offers for our property
It has been interesting to analyse which form of advertising the visitors responded to:
- Road Sign accounted for 10 groups
- TradeMe listing 4 groups
- Postcard responses 2 groups
We have some print advertising during the coming week, so it will be interesting to see what response comes from that.
Another Open Home is scheduled for this afternoon and while I will be surprised if we get another 16 lots of visitors, I know of at least one lot who phoned up to say they are coming.