Computer Question - Saving Pic's in Order I Want Them to Stay

More
12 years 8 months ago #20258 by Toast
I have promotional pics for my clothing business. Each item has a code, eg 001, 002 etc.

I want to put everything on disc but can't find a way to keep them in order. I can do it with 001A, 001B and so on but then I have title pages which I want to put in various places along the way. Also, I don't like the A, B etc as it becomes confusing for the customer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #298857 by jen
You could load the pictures into a word document or powerpoint type presentation. That would make it more like a catalog, and then you can also include the pictures separately.
Or try something like 1-001 1-002 or would that work? Then maybe you can use the leading '1-' to represent the 'season'.. so next time you get a 'new' batch of designs you can call them '2-' so then the number would have a purpose.

Still it might depend on how eash user has set up their computer to show the contents of a directory (like 'sorted by title' or 'sorted by date modified')

jen (returned to townie life)
community.webshots.com/user/j_nepton

More
12 years 8 months ago #299011 by ame
Put the pictures on your webserver, any order, with an HTML page listing them in order. Don't mess around with disks, especially, as Jen says, you have no control of the order when they are being displayed on the customer's computer.

A

More
12 years 8 months ago #299018 by tasha
I would use HTML files on the disc to order the images. HTML files don't need to be on a web server to work - you just need to make sure you get the links to the images right. You would need to make sure that the page that needs to be loaded first is named something pretty obvious eg. starthere, and you could also create an autorun file so that when the disc is put in the drive and read, it will automatically start up the right html page to start - depending of course whether or not the computer has autorun enabled or disabled.

Feel free to send a PM if you want a bit more help.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds