LSB Angels strike again!

More
14 years 7 months ago #20254 by Ghilly
Spoook and L turned up yesterday with shearing gear to sort out some neighbours sheep. I'd mentioned to the neighbours that their two sheep were looking quite long in the fleece. They said they were having trouble getting someone out for just two sheep. I thought about it and got in touch with Spoook, asking her if they were down this way with their shearing gear, would L be interested?
What amazing people they are. The sheep were rounded up in the garage and L got them done and the fleeces bagged, hooves checked and the owners looking stunned as they had only just been talking about getting them shorn 2 hours previous.

The weather had been overcast and threatening rain all day and no sooner had L got set up then I started to drizzle. In fact it was just starting as I went off to the neighbours to sort out the shearing.

Spoook was gunning her engines to get involved but was sent away to watch from the side lines each time.

We got back here and had coffee and tea and Kim mentioned the sights were out on the rifle (air gun). Out comes the gun and L has a fiddle with it. He sets up a target on the back yard fence and after changing the photo of G W Bush to a tin can, he had the sights perfect!

Both Kim and I managed to hit the can!!!! Spoook had a go but the light was starting to fade and she couldn't get quite comfortable enough what with still recovering from major surgery. L pinged the can in the middle.

I only shoot at a inanimate objects like a paper target or in this case, a tin can. It's kinda fun but I usually have to shut the goats in the front paddock, shut the dogs inside and make sure Tonks is somewhere else. The other cats don't 'haunt' the back yard.

At least I'm able to aim at the target and have a decent chance of hitting it Doh!

A HUGE MASSIVE THANK YOU

To Spoook and L!!!!!!

They deserve every good thing that comes to them and here's wishing them loads of good things!!!!

Cheers,
Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #298752 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic LSB Angels strike again!

Yakut;281943 wrote: Out comes the gun and L has a fiddle with it. He sets up a target on the back yard fence and after changing the photo of G W Bush to a tin can, he had the sights perfect!

Cheers,
Yakut

Should have just left it as Bush, through to be honest, B. Hussain Obama is worse. :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
14 years 7 months ago #298757 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic LSB Angels strike again!
Nah, it kept blowing in the wind. I'd only held it up with a nail at the top so it was wafting about all over the place. Turned out L had hit it heaps but because it didn't make any reaction to being hit because it was moving about anyway, it wasn't until L went and got the target back that he saw he'd hit it.

Sights A OK!

Yakut

More
14 years 7 months ago #298810 by Dream Weaver
Awww what amazing people they are Yakut. Angels for sure.

More
14 years 7 months ago #298811 by Cate
Replied by Cate on topic LSB Angels strike again!
Well done 'guys', glad to hear someone sat on Spoook :) [;)]

Cate

More
14 years 7 months ago #298912 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic LSB Angels strike again!
Awww it was hard for her, she's usually right in there getting things done and every time she made a move to do something one of us gave her the 'what do you think YOU are doing' look. We'd get a sort of 'Awww shucks' look back and she would step back and carry on watching... or in some cases argue about the lack of weight or effort in whatever is was she was going to do.
Ha ha, not on my shift lady!!!! In fact, if you look at the roster, Spoook, you don't have any shifts any time soon... all I see is the exercises the Dr gave you!!!! AHEM!

Ha ha ha, when these two drop by, the day always seems a bit brighter!

Yakut

More
14 years 7 months ago #298945 by Dream Weaver
Isnt Great friends and Angels all what lifes about :)

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds