Don't forget to turn your clocks.........

More
12 years 9 months ago #20123 by spoook
............... FORWARD. We lose an hour :(

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #297121 by AdoubleJ
I know :( :( Bugger eh?! :( :(

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
12 years 9 months ago #297124 by kate
I'm in denial [}:)]

Web Goddess

More
12 years 9 months ago #297125 by reggit
But think how nice and light tomorrow evening will be [;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
12 years 9 months ago #297126 by kate
...it's the dark mornings I hate...I'll be the grumpy one, pulling the covers over my head and muttering...but only until the middle of November :D

Web Goddess

More
12 years 9 months ago #297127 by Prim
We had a short day today ... buggered if I was going to loose an hour sleep tonight.

And with that - it's almost my bedtime. I mean, it is 9.02pm already ;)

More
12 years 9 months ago #297129 by Dream Weaver
Oh but ya just gotta LOVE Daylight saving. I do makes summer seem to last longer :)

More
12 years 9 months ago #297132 by kate
I do love it....once the mornings are light again :D :D

Web Goddess

More
12 years 9 months ago #297136 by AdoubleJ
I agree Kate!

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
12 years 9 months ago #297139 by DiDi
I don't get it, at all. The kids are going into their final exams for the year shortly and the Govt. says " Let's turn the clocks back". Who has had teenagers that cope with lack of sleep and then to sit an exam on top of it is wrong in my book. The Dairy farmer's don't like it apparantly so who are we doing it for?

Happy to hear that I am wrong and others have a different take on it but I just don't get it unless it it to satisfy the Latte drinking urbanites who don't have to deal with rural issues and children that live with a two hours a day trip to get to and from school.

How do I tell my horses that feed time has changed by an hour. Yes they will survive but we have a regular system that means they turn up at a certain time for their dinner. Not important in the big scheme of things but how do others handle it?

More
12 years 9 months ago #297142 by kaponga
I use it as a reminder that its time to start taking meds for hay-fever. I figure that I may as well be grumpy and tired once at this time of year, and start anti-histimines which play havoc with my sleeping patterns anyway. Whats getting up another hour earlier on top of that, really?[B)]

More
12 years 9 months ago #297147 by Isla
I was having a beer yesterday with a guy who said he had to get home early because for the last week he and his partner have been bringing their little kids' bedtime forward by ten minutes each day, so that when the clocks move, they don't suddenly change the schedule. Sounded like a very good plan! Presumably one could do the same with animals.

More
12 years 9 months ago #297148 by Birman Babe
Yes, it means BBQ season has arrived......wahoo !!!

More
12 years 9 months ago #297152 by Kiwi303

Birman Babe;280190 wrote: Yes, it means BBQ season has arrived......wahoo !!!

I'm more interested in the arrival of Bikini season :P

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
12 years 9 months ago #297156 by Andrea1

Isla;280189 wrote: I was having a beer yesterday with a guy who said he had to get home early because for the last week he and his partner have been bringing their little kids' bedtime forward by ten minutes each day, so that when the clocks move, they don't suddenly change the schedule. Sounded like a very good plan! Presumably one could do the same with animals.

This is just what we do, mostly for the animals' sake, because it's a tough one on creatures of such habit and routine!!

I have no trouble getting my head around turning the clocks back in autumn, but in spring, it seems so backwards, and it takes me days to get it through my head. I've never liked it, wish we didn't have it. I prefer to live by the rhythms of the days, get up with the sun kind of thing, but the rest of the world doesn't seem to operate on that kind of schedule... there are clocks, and appointments and time schedules... sheesh!

Andrea
Oxford

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds