Bah Humbug!

• maggies mum
16 years 5 months ago #2011 by maggies mum
Bah Humbug! was created by maggies mum
Now know the world has gone bloomin' mad! What teh heck is the matter with people these days???:(

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7116680.stm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #67177 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Bah Humbug!
OMG!! The worlds gone mad!! It must be official that ANYONE caught singing or having a good time especially if it is something to do with Christmas, will be made an example of.
I hate to imagine what Christmas will be like in say another 50 years. Incrediable!!

• chooky
16 years 5 months ago #67203 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Bah Humbug!
Crazy ! What do they mean - competed with the sound of the tills ?? Is that supposed to be a 'better' sound than children singing ?

More
16 years 5 months ago #67220 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Bah Humbug!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
16 years 5 months ago #67231 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Bah Humbug!
Not so long ago in Luton my home town in the UK, the council banned taxi drivers etc from doing the same, they said it would offend non-Christians! There is a large Muslim community in Luton. It was the same council that said the St Georges Flag couldn't be displayed on St Georges Day!!

More
16 years 5 months ago #67344 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Bah Humbug!
Sounds a bit like the publicity over Nicole Kidmans new movie, anti catholic? I have no idea what the film is about but it seems to me the world is becoming far too PC.

We have a friend in the UK who has two girls. One of them was talking to Kim one day and mentioned they aren't allowed a bible at school, it might offend some of the other students. They can't do this, they can't do that, because it might offend another religion.

I prefer not to be blasted with Christmas carols in November,I'm fed up with hearing the many versions of Jingle Bells, each sappier than the last. I also get fed up with hearing multi versions of old classic songs in a rap beat rhythym but still they are played and repeated.

I don't like religious zealots knocking on the door and trying to convert me but still they come. I even told one lot I was Wiccan, they decided to challenge me on my beliefs which really pissed me off.

Someone sitting in a taxi and whistling a Christmas carol.. I can't see how that would be offensive. Someone chanting a Bhuddist chant? Listen or don't listen, I can't see how it would be offensive.
Someone reading out the Koran to themselves? So? Let them read. Listen or don't listen. Someone button holeing you on the street and preaching their religion or belief in your face? Offensive.

I think we need to stop being so bloody precious and accept other peoples cultures. People need to stop thrusting their beliefs onto others. As John Lennnon said "Let it be".

Let's face it, whether we as individuals are religious or not, we use the ten commandments as a moral guide, well not that too many people covert their neighbours ass anymore, but 'don't kill', 'don't steal' etc are a societies rule of thumb, no matter what religion they are, generally.

Yakut

More
16 years 5 months ago #67366 by Celtic_Kiwi
Replied by Celtic_Kiwi on topic Bah Humbug!
Yakut spake forth these wise words:

Let's face it, whether we as individuals are religious or not, we use the ten commandments as a moral guide, well not that too many people covert their neighbours ass anymore,

I dunno, I have seen my neighbours out working on their lsb, and they have cute little asses. ;););)

Celtic_Kiwi
AKA Nikki

Tir Na NOg

• maggies mum
16 years 5 months ago #67375 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Bah Humbug!
Ooh CK!!..............

.....................photos?????

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds