E-mail confusion

More
14 years 7 months ago #19893 by kaumea
E-mail confusion was created by kaumea
Question about receiving e-mails:
I have a pc and a notebook and I receive mails on the pc but I do not receive them on the notebook or then I get them on the notebook and not on the pc [:0]
I just wonder how this works :confused: what should I do to get the all the mails on both?
I use outlook express on pc & notebook.

thanks

I don't have all I love anymore, but I still love all I have...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #294172 by cantyguy
Replied by cantyguy on topic E-mail confusion
if you open them on one, they won't appear on the other.

More
14 years 7 months ago #294174 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic E-mail confusion
Kaumea, i have exactly the same problem and there is no way round it I can find :( be nice if there was!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 7 months ago #294177 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic E-mail confusion
If you're a Windows Outlook (Express) user, go to Tools-Accounts-(select the account)-Advanced (tab) and click Leave a Copy of messages on server. You could have it remove them after however many days might normally pass between your use of one computer and the other.

Then each computer will download its own copy of the messages you receive.

More
14 years 7 months ago #294179 by reggit
My Windows Outlook doesn't have that option :(

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 7 months ago #294180 by kaumea
Replied by kaumea on topic E-mail confusion
thanks Isla :) will try that...

I don't have all I love anymore, but I still love all I have...

More
14 years 7 months ago #294183 by Isla
I thought Outlook was a much whizzier thing than OE!

It must be there, Tigger! Somewhere ...

www.hostingtutorials.ph/knowledgebase/emailtutorials/outlook07 Does that help?

More
14 years 7 months ago #294185 by reggit
I'm a Luddite, still on 2003 and refusing to change until I absolutely have to [;)] that's probably why...

More
14 years 7 months ago #294186 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic E-mail confusion
Tigger

MS Outlook
Tools
Email Accounts
"View or change existing e-mail accounts" > Next
select your email account > Change...
button which says "More Settings..."
tab at the top "Advanced"
select "Leave a copy of messages on the server" > OK
Next >Finish

Be aware that if you download 10 emails onto your laptop, then when you next go into your other computer (desktop?), and check your mail, you will get those emails again.
You will be downloading the emails twice, so think hard about using this setting if you have a slow internet connection.
Also with this setting, those emails will remain in your webmail account, so make sure you periodically clean them out or you will start to get bounced emails saying 'mailbox is full'.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
14 years 7 months ago #294187 by Istrian
Replied by Istrian on topic E-mail confusion
In Outlook go to Tools -> Account Settings, on the email tab chose the email account then click on the CHANGE icon (just above the email account window) then click on MORE SETTINGS then click on the ADVANCED tab. You will see the last option is the DELIVERY setting click in LEAVE A COPY OF MESSAGE ON THE SERVER.

More
14 years 7 months ago #294189 by Isla
Isn't there a setting there which allows the email to be left on the server but cleared after a chosen number of days?

More
14 years 7 months ago #294191 by reggit

Istrian;276957 wrote: In Outlook go to Tools -> Account Settings, on the email tab chose the email account then click on the CHANGE icon (just above the email account window) then click on MORE SETTINGS then click on the ADVANCED tab. You will see the last option is the DELIVERY setting click in LEAVE A COPY OF MESSAGE ON THE SERVER.

None of those options on the version I am looking at.

Kaumea, is that working for yours?

More
14 years 7 months ago #294197 by reggit
Ooh sorted it for Outlook 2003 as well, different way of getting to where you need to get to though [;)]

Go 'tools' then 'email accounts' then 'change/edit' then 'more settings' then 'advanced' and tick 'leave message on server'. You have to do it for every separate email account loaded into the system (in our case three)

More
14 years 7 months ago #294255 by RaeM
Replied by RaeM on topic E-mail confusion
i just resend the emails back to myself, if I want them on the other computer, and that way i am not clogging up the older computer, it does not take long, and I always open up on my web servers site first, eg. webmail, and delete everything that I dont want, and then download them to my computer.

RaeM

More
14 years 7 months ago #294259 by reggit
Only thing when you do that, Rae, it comes up as being sent from you, and I do a lot of alphabetical searches on names of senders to get info that is still in my memory bank aka my email backlog [;)]

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds