Do you have children?

More
14 years 2 months ago #318476 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Do you have children?
Dont know why, but it wont let me vote. i have 4 2 girls 2 boys but all grown up now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #318490 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Do you have children?
I find this interesting, I am constantly wondering about how we would afford to live in the city! LOL.

Our nice sized LSB cost slightly less than our semirural wellington house on 1/2 acre sold for, we borrowed a bit to do a few necessary maintenance and infrastructure things and we have a growing child.
I think that we would be in a much worse position living in the city. Our LSB provides the majority of our meat (would be 100% but I like Inghams free range chooks[:0]), all our eggs and some veges and fruit. We put our pigs through the MAF butcher so they actually make us money!!! As do the chooks, but only cause I can sell their eggs for hatching. Otherwise they would pay for themselves and I would have a higher laying breed. Produce is cheaper here and OH takes eggs, fruit, and veges into the city for his friends every week.
I forage all sorts of stuff - some damson plums and a couple of kilos of Elderberries yesterday, wood shavings for the chook coops, apples etc.
Little of this would be available to me in the city and my costs would be higher, ie dance classes, parking, coffees, fresh produce.
This is definitely the way to do it. IMHO :D [;)]

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
14 years 2 months ago #318540 by TKFARMER
Replied by TKFARMER on topic Do you have children?
I voted as we have two adult children that have flown the coup we purchased our block four years ago. tkf

Playing farmer on 3.5 acres. [:)][:)]

More
14 years 2 months ago #318544 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Do you have children?
:) oh by the way .. happy be_lated birthday TKF :)
Hope it was a good one :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #319070 by sundaysbest
Replied by sundaysbest on topic Do you have children?
Mines a No. As in a HELL NO. Well not yet anyways :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #332750 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Do you have children?
Perhaps" children " shold have been defined....I voted two but they may not like my classification. :D

More
13 years 10 months ago #332754 by sundaysbest
Replied by sundaysbest on topic Do you have children?
Do you mean animals children? Then yes, the equivalent of a small country. If human, then no, I am not insane............................. yet....................

More
13 years 10 months ago #332765 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Do you have children?

witheze;319777 wrote: Perhaps" children " shold have been defined....I voted two but they may not like my classification. :D

Otherwise known as thread dredging :rolleyes:

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
13 years 10 months ago #333767 by thevarneys
Replied by thevarneys on topic Do you have children?
I just had my 5th on Monday, though my hubby already had 3, so a blended family of 8. We do it on 1 income. Once you have the first of each gender, then there is not much else you need to buy for the others (apart from consumables etc). We love them all to pieces, especially at dishes time, or feeding the chooks... :D Heaps of helpers everywhare you look. And, the big kids are SO helpful with the younger kids, and enjoy doing things with them. Children are a blessing from the Lord. :)

Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

More
13 years 10 months ago #333821 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Do you have children?
[8D]:DCongratulations to you and all yours

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 10 months ago #333862 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Do you have children?
:) i have ummmm ahhh ummmm ... 2 with 4 legs that live inside the house, 14 with wool and 4 legs, and 2 with horns and 4 legs :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #333874 by highgirl
Replied by highgirl on topic Do you have children?

Ronney;275427 wrote: No Diane, I would argue that. But then it might depend on one's interpretation of "personality". To me a "personality" is what a person intrinsically or inherently is so while children may widen horizons, they are not going to change what a person is. And nor should they.

Cheers,
Ronnie

Maybe true, but also, given some personalities, some people are less likely to have children, and if they do, they may find they need to amend or change certain view points in order to cope with having a family. As another member pointed out...we are often the "perfect parent" until we are one in reality! I've know learnt never to say "I would never..." because until you are in the situation you really can't comment.[:I]

More
13 years 10 months ago #333882 by highgirl
Replied by highgirl on topic Do you have children?

thevarneys;320893 wrote: I just had my 5th on Monday, though my hubby already had 3, so a blended family of 8. We do it on 1 income. Once you have the first of each gender, then there is not much else you need to buy for the others (apart from consumables etc). We love them all to pieces, especially at dishes time, or feeding the chooks... :D Heaps of helpers everywhare you look. And, the big kids are SO helpful with the younger kids, and enjoy doing things with them. Children are a blessing from the Lord. :)

What ages are yours? We have a bit of a blended family because I had two sons, and now have a two year old daughter with my husband...I'd love to have another but sometimes wonder if I would actually cope!

More
13 years 10 months ago #333890 by thevarneys
Replied by thevarneys on topic Do you have children?
High Girl Hubbys are 13 (b) 12 (b) 10 (g) mine 9 (g) ours 5 (b) 3 (g) 1 (b) 0 (g). I am sure you would cope. The hardest is going from 2 kids to 3 kids because you no longer have a hand for each of them, but by then the older one is older :D and able to be a bit more responsible and obedient. People often say "how do you manage all these kids" but its not like you all of a sudden get a huge number of kids[:0], it only gets added to slowly......
This little girl is our last though :( our van only fits 10. But at least I can start passing on the clothes that the youngest grow out of :D

Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds